Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is directly across the road from our club house ..... it only takes one set of tracks for many disrespectfull sledders to follow suit !!!! This kinda stuff just burns my ass, I was trying to work out out a deal (compensation for acres used) with this land owner so we could maybe hold radar runs in this field next season, ya he'll be more then receptive to the idea if this keeps up !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
there are alot of people in my area that do it as well. the only thing you can do is shake your head. this could be the reason why the same trail has be re-routed 3 times in the last 4 years. if i were a farmer i would line the trails with large bails of hay. one farmer in the moonstone area has done this.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there are alot of people in my area that do it as well. the only thing you can do is shake your head. this could be the reason why the same trail has be re-routed 3 times in the last 4 years. if i were a farmer i would line the trails with large bails of hay. one farmer in the moonstone area has done this.[/b]

The thing is why should he have to go out of his way, to line 2 miles of the fields perimiter with hay .... I know I'd be pissed if I had to, he is also a land owner on another trail of ours. I wouldn't be suprized if were re-routing that trail next year.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The part that really kills me is the tracks head into the field RIGHT beside the sign asking people to stay off as the field is seeded...
guess he or she can't read!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,762 Posts
Even better when he or she trespassed right next to the sign that says the fields seeded..................azzhats one and all.

·
Registered
527 Posts
i understand that no one should have to go that far out of their way to protect their winter crop. it was just a personal opinion of what i would do. from what i have seen in our district (8) even when fences signs and stakes are in place, some people just do not care, but alot do and i thank them. i wonder if a large amount of snowfence would stop them, which would have to be supplied buy the ofsc, this could be a long shot but i really dont see how were going to keep some people off the unmarked trail. as an avid sledder i try my best to clean up fallen trees, upright fallen stakes and mark off trail hazards. eventually i would like to be a trail warden and cruse the trails in my area warning and enforcing that if people keep riding on these parts of fields the trails will close.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have this idea I am working on with auto's might work with sledders too. Paintball guns, when some dickhead is being a, well dickhead, bang, large paint markings on the car (sled). This serves two purposes, one: to let others know he/she is a dickhead and to stay well clear and two: when 3 paint colours are on the vehicle we just have it impounded. Of course there are a lot of the finer points to work out......

If that one is too difficult to work out then there is the good ol' lynching. I have the rope.. :beatingdeadhorse:

·
Registered
395 Posts
I was trying to work out out a deal (compensation for acres used) with this land owner so we could maybe hold radar runs in this field next season, ya he'll be more then receptive to the idea if this keeps up !!!!!!!!

Have you checked into insurance?

We were told that Radar Runs or alcohol in a club sponsered event as VooDoo??

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was trying to work out out a deal (compensation for acres used) with this land owner so we could maybe hold radar runs in this field next season, ya he'll be more then receptive to the idea if this keeps up !!!!!!!!
Have you checked into insurance?

We were told that Radar Runs or alcohol in a club sponsered event as VooDoo??[/b]

Were self insured and not under the OFSC's insurance policy, I talked to our carrier about it and the event price he gave me was more then reasonable, as long as all all the safety guidlines are met it could be a go ?? The Alliston SC has been doing them for quite a few years, but from what I heard they had to stop due to losing the place they held the venue, and not being able to find another sutable place ??

·
Registered
485 Posts
Same thing down at our end Nutter.
Outside the Ganny on the southeast end ,it's all marked but oh no some asshole just has to make a track through that field.
BURN MY ASS,IT GIVES ME A RASH.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I have this idea I am working on with auto's might work with sledders too. Paintball guns, when some dickhead is being a, well dickhead, bang, large paint markings on the car (sled). This serves two purposes, one: to let others know he/she is a dickhead and to stay well clear and two: when 3 paint colours are on the vehicle we just have it impounded. Of course there are a lot of the finer points to work out......

If that one is too difficult to work out then there is the good ol' lynching. I have the rope.. :beatingdeadhorse:[/b]
Good idea, but then who is the one responsible to determine who's being an azzhat? Someone might think the things you do are assholish, for instance, I passed 3 cars on Hwy 41 (once it was safe to do so) only to have a nice young lady give me the bird. She prob thought I was being an azzhat, and if someone were to paint my vehicle, guess what? I'd do a lot worse to that culprit.

Nutter, we have those types of peeps up here too, we shake our heads and pray that the landowners realize it's only a few. A lot of our landowners actually tell us where to place the trails from year to year, this year we go through a couple of corn fields, kinda cool and no way for retards to leave the trail unless they want corn stalks in their intakes...

·
Registered
3 Posts
If any one finds a reasonable answer to this I would be very happy, we have the same thing on one of our trails in district 5 Poplar Ridge Riders trails. We singed the wheat field and some one just went right buy the sing and did a couple loops so that the farmer could see and then went on there way. I had to go out and install more sings as a good faith gesture to try and save the use of the land. I do not blame the farmers at $9.40 a bushel it is there livelihood.

James

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I always wonder how many say something when they see some asshat doing stuff like this ?? Even before I became a TP member I would always go out of my way to make asshats know how I felt about it ......... it was actually more fun back then, seeing as I wasn't representing any organization or bound by any policies :furious: :taz: :hyper: :devil:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I have this idea I am working on with auto's might work with sledders too. Paintball guns, when some dickhead is being a, well dickhead, bang, large paint markings on the car (sled)[/b]
Not a good idea. It's called S.W.A.T.
Unidentified male with firearm pointing it at cars/sleds/people. Going to be hard to talk with a knee on the back of your neck and a pistol shoved in your face.

The part that really kills me is the tracks head into the field RIGHT beside the sign asking people to stay off as the field is seeded...[/b]
Don't forget that letter to the editor

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/inde...9&hl=banner

Sledder can't read...it says so in the letter

·
Registered
267 Posts
Were self insured and not under the OFSC's insurance policy, I talked to our carrier about it and the event price he gave me was more then reasonable, as long as all all the safety guidlines are met it could be a go ?? The Alliston SC has been doing them for quite a few years, but from what I heard they had to stop due to losing the place they held the venue, and not being able to find another sutable place ??[/b]
I will let you know if the insurance is reasonable this year as I have to call and get the insurance looked after before the next meeting.
As for a place the one we use (it's our groomer operator and past president's place) this is the last year as it will be a tree farm starting next year. We have had to do a lot of trail relocating this year so it has not had a high priority yet. If anybody does not know, it takes HUNDREDS of man hours to relocate a trail (the book will be available at Chapters in Feb). Now the trails are done the Radar Run will be coming up at the next meeting.

http://adsc.ca/graphics/2008RRdoc.pdf

Plan your day now. Time for all you bench racers to put up or ????????

·
Registered
267 Posts
Good idea, but then who is the one responsible to determine who's being an azzhat? Someone might think the things you do are assholish, for instance, I passed 3 cars on Hwy 41 (once it was safe to do so) only to have a nice young lady give me the bird. She prob thought I was being an azzhat, and if someone were to paint my vehicle, guess what? I'd do a lot worse to that culprit.

Glad you see the humour in my sick sense :flamethrowingsmiley:

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will let you know if the insurance is reasonable this year as I have to call and get the insurance looked after before the next meeting.
As for a place the one we use (it's our groomer operator and past president's place) this is the last year as it will be a tree farm starting next year. We have had to do a lot of trail relocating this year so it has not had a high priority yet. If anybody does not know, it takes HUNDREDS of man hours to relocate a trail (the book will be available at Chapters in Feb). Now the trails are done the Radar Run will be coming up at the next meeting.

http://adsc.ca/graphics/2008RRdoc.pdf

Plan your day now. Time for all you bench racers to put up or ????????[/b]

Thats great that it's still a go for this year for you guy's, I'll be doing my best to attend :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thats dumb. Hopefully the majority of the people that do this clip a log and bend an a arm and learn a lesson. Theres plenty of places to play in the powder and boondock without having to trespass!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts