Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Vendor
10,632 Posts
Hoping I can score the setup from @ktmkid as I've tried 3 times this summer calling Walker Evans to get the "Iron Dog" Velocity w/ hi/lo compression and 2" shock body RTS shock and no one's called back. Wish WE had a specific part number for the setup.

Out of curiosity what's the latest recommendation for FTS, just a velocity or get hi/lo adjust 2" XCR type shock as well?
you don't want iron dog valving unless your 300 lbs. dressed. trust me. the iron dog sleds carry extra weight. oil/gas, parts, survival gear etc. stiff would be a under statement.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
you don't want iron dog valving unless your 300 lbs. dressed. trust me. the iron dog sleds carry extra weight. oil/gas, parts, survival gear etc. stiff would be a under statement.
Rick, I have the iron dog shock on my 19 assault and it works very well for me. I’m probably 210 geared up. The 19 definitely rides better than my 21 with the stock velocity with hi/lo added.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Who is the go to for recharge/revalve for the Assault shocks? I've used Hygear and Monster Perf in the past for other sleds. I want to get mine revalved for next winter or would consider replacement rear shocks if there is something cost effective available for the rear skid.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Who is the go to for recharge/revalve for the Assault shocks? I've used Hygear and Monster Perf in the past for other sleds. I want to get mine revalved for next winter or would consider replacement rear shocks if there is something cost effective available for the rear skid.
Putting these on the 16 pro s?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Ya, sorry, I guess I need to update current sleds. Have a 18 XCR SB and a 19 Assault now. I love how my XCR rides and understand the Assault is not the same but would like to get it close if possible. LOL

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Ya, sorry, I guess I need to update current sleds. Have a 18 XCR SB and a 19 Assault now. I love how my XCR rides and understand the Assault is not the same but would like to get it close if possible. LOL
Lighter springs will make a big difference. My 19 with the shocks I described rides pretty awesome. One of the guys I ride with has a 19 pro s switchback and neither seems to ride any better than the other. His has the xcr fts added and came with the hi/lo we everywhere else. My 19 rides better than my 21.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I run iron dog rts with light torsion springs and xcr fts on mine and really like the ride and handling.
Fts 2881947 $399ish
Is walker evens direct also $399ish
Tuner, have you had any luck at with WE, I've gotten no response whatsoever. Would like a 2" Hi/Lo Velocity, from what I understand, the IGX and Pro-CC use the same length RTS, so one could order the RTS from Poo for a '21 XCR and it would be a good setup for the IGX? Thank you!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Tuner, have you had any luck at with WE, I've gotten no response whatsoever. Would like a 2" Hi/Lo Velocity, from what I understand, the IGX and Pro-CC use the same length RTS, so one could order the RTS from Poo for a '21 XCR and it would be a good setup for the IGX? Thank you!
I can try tomorrow to call them. Much cheaper from walker.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts