Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i called my dealer and im asking if there will be any new firecats next year ill tell you what they say, lol ive been on hold a long time they probably forgot about me.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SWEET, SHE TOLD ME THEY wont tell them untill the seccond week in FEB. That means that "Arctic Cat" must be making them and just keeping it tight!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
interesting pics!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
and another

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
These are a little better size

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
OK. I see they took there 660 Suzuki 4 stroke and crammed it into a fcat chassis, interesting. Turbo? i dont see one help me out.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
a bigger one

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
alright now i see some sort of a "turbo" or infront of the engine. It looks like a turbo because that exhaust seems to take a "strange route" towards it.

Is it just me or is that thing a "ZR" chassis with a FCAT hood? look at the belly, thats not from an fcat. I love how ac engineers fastened the speedo and rpm gauge panel with the same strap material used around the heat shields on the exhause pipes.

Its deffinetly a zr chassis, they just used the fcat hood for the "air induction" purposes. Look a the boozo the clown skis on it.

S

·
0 Posts
Thing looks like some one is f-in with us, bunch of junk parts on top of a bare motor nothing is even bolted down tyraps?.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
why would any one f with us this is a f cat web page. I would like to know who redF5sp is. and how redF5sp got these pics. Hey do u work for my GLS himself? or did u just happen to see this thing some where in northern central Minn?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
it's a 660 turbo intercooled making over 100 horse,No I'm not with AC,I live in northern Wisconsin :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by F7_Ditch_Jumper@Jan 9 2003, 11:05 PM
I would like to know who redF5sp is. and how redF5sp got these pics. Hey do u work for my GLS himself? or did u just happen to see this thing some where in northern central Minn?
These pics are old. They were floating around the net about 6 months ago, even before the F-cats came out. :wacko: :blink:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
go here-www.scottstiegler.com -/snowmobile/modsled/images/

·
Registered
538 Posts
Nice touch with the "O.L. chng" Then an oil weigth of "0w-30". They either thought of everything in the hoax, or it's something they have tried.

<_< Why wouldn't they just put a slightly modified 4 stroke Suzuki motorcycle engine in a Firecat chassis? Seems like the most logical combo given the relationship between the two companies.

The thing I've always thought would be the best setup for a 4 stroker in a sled is a BMW horizontally opposed engine. They could keep the weight profile real low and the vibration to a minimum. You know how smooth those things run! Even an engine out of a Honda Goldwing would be extremely cool. 1300 (1100?) CC's of smooth, smooth, power. Fuel inject it and cut back on the weight as much as possible and you have a fast, powerful, and quiet rocketship on snow.

As much as I love the snort of the 2 stroke engine, I know the 4 strokers are inevitable. I just hope they understand it needs to be a crotch rocket just like a great bike. I don't see any reason they can't make it happen. JR

1 - 18 of 18 Posts