Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going up there this weekend to enjoy the new year and get the hell out of dodge. Sounds like there is not much snow, but who cares :dunno: If I can't ride, I will :burp: :linemup: for sure!!! I am going up with ls1nova and others. If we don't ride to much, we can get at least get some good test done on our sleds since they both where completely apart this year. I will have video from helmet cam and photos for sure :banana: :happynewyear:

·
Registered
56 Posts
You'll be able to put SOME miles on for sure. Not really much traffic around, but snow is slim too. Looks like at least a possibility for snow early weekend which could be good for those that are here. I'm headed out to take a dark house and a fishing shack to Namakan today. Kabetogama has a better shot of getting staked, but without snow, you'd need hifax, and without stakes, I'd stay on land trails!

Anyways come have a beer with me when you're done testing the sleds!! :beerchug:

-tom

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You'll be able to put SOME miles on for sure. Not really much traffic around, but snow is slim too. Looks like at least a possibility for snow early weekend which could be good for those that are here. I'm headed out to take a dark house and a fishing shack to Namakan today. Kabetogama has a better shot of getting staked, but without snow, you'd need hifax, and without stakes, I'd stay on land trails!

Anyways come have a beer with me when you're done testing the sleds!! :beerchug:

-tom[/b]
Hey tom, You are that dude form ash trail lodge, da bartnder??? Ls1nova, and crew will be stoop by for sure!!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Doing the snow dance for this weekend!! Were coming up Friday and Im sure we will stop and have more than a few beers with ya Tom. Any chance you want to go out and do a little drag testing with the Crossfire. We will be bringing: ZR711, ZR600,ZL600, and a ZR900. No studs though but it would be fun.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I sure hope this system brings some snow! Lakes are slim right now for snow as they froze after the most recent snowfall. Ice is there. Stakes are not right now. Trails are passable, but not groomed.

Crossfire is ready LS1 - I ride every chance I get. I'm sure I don't have the fastest machine, but if I can get out, we'll horse around a bit - need some snow to hook up.

weekendracer - I'm Da Emperor, not Da Bartender, although, I am The Bartender most of the time. Steve is Da Bartender - my dad. If he lets me out from the bar, I usually have to put on a helmet this time of year. :banana:

Riding is slim, but as I said before, you can put some miles on, just don't expect the riding to be any better than ridable!

:beerchug:

·
Registered
26,151 Posts
Do you ever go riding with Rob from the Frontier? He said he'd show me around if I made it up that way this winter. I would like to do some sleddin and fishin up there if it's in my budget.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've never been out riding with Rob. He knows his way around though for sure, he would be a good leader. If the snow ever shows up sledding will be fun, otherwise there is always fishing, out west, and beer (and work too I guess).

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Everyone is all loaded up, will be headed that way tomorrow after work. :celebrating: Can't wait, snow or not, I am still riding.... :banana:

·
Registered
364 Posts
looks like the best chance is west central Mn., im so ready to go, I bought a MXZX with 600 miles on it 2" paddle and think it's either 142 or 146" long track, so I want snow and lots of it.[/b]

They have one radar run every Presidents day weekend. We will be there at the Ash Kanam Resort!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got back from there, snow was nothing and it turned to water on the river on sunday. First time up there in that area and we stayed at ashkanam, very nice. I want to give a thanks to tequilamonsta aka tom for giving us very good service on sunday night :linemup:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Tom are you at the ash river or the ash kanam resort? We will be at the Kanam for Presidents weekend. We go over to the ash river for Mardi Gras night. We have been coming up there for 8+ years.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.