Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the nh state police and fish&game arrested a 29 year old berlin nh resident today for hitting the dog sledder and leaving him............WOOHOO !! let justice be served !

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
good to hear...don't know how somebody could leave another human just lie there....I agree let justice be served

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Jerks name was Dennis Lancy according a news report here in Maine. He was from Berlin, NH.

I hope they throw the book at him.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I haven't heard this story can someone fill me in. From what I'm catching out of this i'm glad they caught him.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The story is that some 40 year old dogsledder got hit by a snowmobiler an hour before sunset and the snowmobiler left him

He was said to be drunk *sledder*...

There's probably more and correct me if I'm wrong everyone ;)

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Throw the key ayay with a looser like that. Hope he gets the maximum sentence.
Jim !!

·
Registered
127 Posts
We dont need a peice of crap giving us sledders a bad name. They should never let him own a sled again. He should also do time no one in their right mind would do that

·
Registered
198 Posts
The dog sledder is the brother of a friend of mine. He was left with two smashed legs in subzero weather. If he had not come to and had the presence of mind to get into a sleeping bag he had on his sled he would have frozen to death. As it was he had frostbite. They had to put a rod into his legs and screw the pieces of bone into the rod to hold it together. Looking at a long recovery, at least a year. Accidents happen and dogsleds on snowmobile trails scare me, especially at night. But to leave someone in that condition to die is inexcuseable. I'm glad he's not getting away with it. I guess it is obvious why he left the scene.

·
Banned
21,472 Posts
Truly a pathetic, sad story .... I hope he gets what's coming to him. I do like Psycho's comment about getting split like cordwood!! :lol:

The only way the story could be worse is if this moron was on a Cat. Please tell me it wasn't!! :angry:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree 100% .....get a rope!!
But I want to give an experience that happened in 1991 on trail by devils track lake on North Shore of Minn. About 8 sleds at night myself included traveling pretty good meet or came up on dog sled and guy. I was back about 5th and all of a sudden snow d'ust blinds me and I see a pile up blocking whole trail in front I dive to right into woods trying to avoid mess and trying to find a hole between trees. 3 behind me do same and one hits me in woods the other two tangle . Anyway '5 sleds damage couple brusied people two dogs hurt bad harness all tore up. I feel it is a accident waiting to happen always when dog sled going 5 to 10 mph dogs not always running on side or on wrong side . guy had like a flash lite only on his hat in middle of trail we're probably traveling to fast but dogs get blinded they go wherever its trouble...... No business on same trail period, it does not make sense 50- 70mph vs. 5-10 mph no lites at nite ,we were all lucky no one got hurt bad or killed. IMHO

·
Registered
132 Posts
Theres a dog sled race going on right now on N.Shore thru Thrusday on our trail and the trail is still open to sleds . I agree it should be open to sleds we pay all maintance and fees . But why don't they race on the crosscounty ski trails that sledders pay for too but at least no one is going to get hurt and blame it on all sledders.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the same deal in the U.P. a few years back. I was leading a group when I spotted a flashlight up ahead. Slowed down to find a dog sledder with a miners helmet stopped along the trail. He was moving his head back and forth(with the flashlight attached) to get my attention. It was snowing, we were on an old railroad grade, doing about 40-50, 10 PM on a Saturday evening. I shudder to think what would have happened if he had not stopped and turned around to warn us.
I have nothing against these guys....would love to do it myself.......but don't use the same trails please!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Hang the prick!!!!!!

My wife thinks we should all have the chance to run him over ourselves.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I can't believe the organizers of the race[dog sled] let them race on snowmobile trails.
Mind boggling.Sooner or later something bad is gonna happen.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Originally posted by moto@Mar 6 2003, 12:15 AM
I can't believe the organizers of the race[dog sled] let them race on snowmobile trails.
Mind boggling.Sooner or later something bad is gonna happen.
he wasn't racing...he was practicing

1 - 20 of 29 Posts