Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here work for one ??

Issues with a 2019 ZT HD 60/ Kawi fr730v

Service repair order documentation ??

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Gravely, their still mostly in independent dealerships here in wisco...Not sure if it is an industry wide issue, or just Ariens/Gravely. Dealer does not like handing over the request for service repair paperwork after the service is completed. Was told they don't want a paper trail for future consumer complaints/litigation....Ready for this...My 2019 Gravely ZT Hd 60 has been in the shop 11 ( eleven) times since the original purchase in May last year...It's an absolute P.O.S. Just rolled 250hrs on the meter...LOL

·
Registered
943 Posts
It's a Gravely, their still mostly in independent dealerships here in wisco...Not sure if it is an industry wide issue, or just Ariens/Gravely. Dealer does not like handing over the request for service repair paperwork after the service is completed. Was told they don't want a paper trail for future consumer complaints/litigation....Ready for this...My 2019 Gravely ZT Hd 60 has been in the shop 11 ( eleven) times since the original purchase in May last year...It's an absolute P.O.S. Just rolled 250hrs on the meter...LOL
Really? Thats disappointing ive been looking at Gravely ZX 52

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
that is a dealer/areins thing. Gravely ariens is terribly ran company and has been for sometime. That is why they are getting buried by their competitors and dealers are dropping them.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
My buddies Gravely's have both been problems......he has me over there wrenching on them constantly.... last time was a voltage reg for that Kaw motor.

·
Registered
40,007 Posts
My buddies Gravely's have both been problems......he has me over there wrenching on them constantly.... last time was a voltage reg for that Kaw motor.
How old is the machine? I've worked on several kawasaki twins 15 hp and up in various riding mowers...never saw a voltage regulator fail yet, and i think that goes back to at least 2002. Those engines and electrical systems have been solid.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I had it in for service 5-6 times last season for NO START issues...First Gravely told them to replace the key switch. 2 weeks later same deal with no start, so they did a charging system diagnostic. It passed...BUT... The dealer said the oem battery in his opinion is too small (180ca). Sooo I replaced the battery with a 350ca ( On My Dime) that barely fit in the tiny battery box they engineered into the frame...Also in the Kawasaki 730 engine owners manual it specifically states that the engine requires a 350ca battery.Still sporadic no start issues unless I hook an automotive (700ca) battery to it and jump it, then it starts. This issue is now becoming clear that it is an ACR issue, BUT...Gravely says no, they want the valves readjusted to spec. So back in it goes for that...Ran for 7-10 days then no start again unless I jump it...Sooooo back in it goes, and now Gravely wants to pass the buck on to Kawi and pull the motor out, tear it down and inspect the ACR...YEEEEP...The ACR is all fucked up and in operable and is causing the no start issue. ( I told the the service tech 6-8 weeks before they finally pulled the motor that I bet it was an ACR issue...Not my first rodeo with these machines) NO START issue is now history...Unfortunately still issues...Parking brake inoperable on left side Hydrogear pump in for service twice, and currently not working again. When it was in for the second brake repair the service tech didn't tighten the lugs on the left rim and they loosened before I caught it. Sooo the rim and hub had to both be replaced...Forgot that after they rebuilt the motor back in October the dealer service tech put the WRONG oil filter on the engine (kohler)...LOL...Was in again last week when 2 deck hangers decided to break and had to be welded back in place. Was told by the dealer it's a problem on other mowers and Gravely is aware of it. Now I have a newer mower with the paint burnt off part of the deck from the welding. Dealer handed me a bottle of red touch up paint...lol...Talked to Gravely about it on Tuesday, they offered to replace the entire deck...lol...Just what I need more down time...Apparently I have become much more patient in my old age...LOL...Filed a case with both the BBB and the Wisconsin Dept of Consumer Affairs...Ill let those 2 do nothing agencys take it up with Gravely before I have the attorney file a case...

·
Registered
40,007 Posts
I had it in for service 5-6 times last season for NO START issues...First Gravely told them to replace the key switch. 2 weeks later same deal with no start, so they did a charging system diagnostic. It passed...BUT... The dealer said the oem battery in his opinion is too small (180ca). Sooo I replaced the battery with a 350ca ( On My Dime) that barely fit in the tiny battery box they engineered into the frame...Also in the Kawasaki 730 engine owners manual it specifically states that the engine requires a 350ca battery.Still sporadic no start issues unless I hook an automotive (700ca) battery to it and jump it, then it starts. This issue is now becoming clear that it is an ACR issue, BUT...Gravely says no, they want the valves readjusted to spec. So back in it goes for that...Ran for 7-10 days then no start again unless I jump it...Sooooo back in it goes, and now Gravely wants to pass the buck on to Kawi and pull the motor out, tear it down and inspect the ACR...YEEEEP...The ACR is all fucked up and in operable and is causing the no start issue. ( I told the the service tech 6-8 weeks before they finally pulled the motor that I bet it was an ACR issue...Not my first rodeo with these machines) NO START issue is now history...Unfortunately still issues...Parking brake inoperable on left side Hydrogear pump in for service twice, and currently not working again. When it was in for the second brake repair the service tech didn't tighten the lugs on the left rim and they loosened before I caught it. Sooo the rim and hub had to both be replaced...Forgot that after they rebuilt the motor back in October the dealer service tech put the WRONG oil filter on the engine (kohler)...LOL...Was in again last week when 2 deck hangers decided to break and had to be welded back in place. Was told by the dealer it's a problem on other mowers and Gravely is aware of it. Now I have a newer mower with the paint burnt off part of the deck from the welding. Dealer handed me a bottle of red touch up paint...lol...Talked to Gravely about it on Tuesday, they offered to replace the entire deck...lol...Just what I need more down time...Apparently I have become much more patient in my old age...LOL...Filed a case with both the BBB and the Wisconsin Dept of Consumer Affairs...Ill let those 2 do nothing agencys take it up with Gravely before I have the attorney file a case...
Same thing i've found with those kawasaki motors needing a larger 350 ca battery. The ones at tractor supply work well...you just need to tweak the battery box or battery holder a bit to fit.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Same thing i've found with those kawasaki motors needing a larger 350 ca battery. The ones at tractor supply work well...you just need to tweak the battery box or battery holder a bit to fit.
I put a Farm n Fleet battery in it...Just barely fit without any tweeking...

·
Registered
943 Posts
Guess I have had good luck with my old girl then. Maybe I will forget the Gravley and go Skag. Esp since the Skag dealer is down the street.
Currently Ive got a Kawi FH661V 22Hp in my Zero Turn Cub Cadet with 661 hrs. Machine is like a 2005. Been trouble free other than a ignition switch and a starter. I run a Interstate 375CA battery that come to think of it is probably 6 years old. I do put a trickle charge on it every winter.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guess I have had good luck with my old girl then. Maybe I will forget the Gravley and go Skag. Esp since the Skag dealer is down the street.
Currently Ive got a Kawi FH661V 22Hp in my Zero Turn Cub Cadet with 661 hrs. Machine is like a 2005. Been trouble free other than a ignition switch and a starter. I run a Interstate 375CA battery that come to think of it is probably 6 years old. I do put a trickle charge on it every winter.
[/QUOE]

Been in the landscape biz 30+ years...Was exclusively SCAG for 20+ of those years (16 units) Had a few Lesco's (Scag knockoff) here n there too...Never once did any of those scags have to be taken back to a dealer for work...Sure...Eventually parts wearout like blade clutches and gearbox trannys that I did all the R&R on myself. I bought the Gravely's from a local dealer who was just starting out, because scag was really getting pricey and I would have had to drive to my old dealer in Illinois for a better deal than the local scag dealer...Live n Learn...Althought I still have 1 Scag SW-48" walkbehind that is 24 years old and still runs good with the ORIGINAL motor...Sooo if your in the market for a new unit...Spend the extra money on the Scag would be my suggestion...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Been in the landscape biz 30+ years...Was exclusively SCAG for 20+ of those years (16 units) Had a few Lesco's (Scag knockoff) here n there too...Never once did any of those scags have to be taken back to a dealer for work...Sure...Eventually parts wearout like blade clutches and gearbox trannys that I did all the R&R on myself. I bought the Gravely's from a local dealer who was just starting out, because scag was really getting pricey and I would have had to drive to my old dealer in Illinois for a better deal than the local scag dealer...Live n Learn...Althought I still have 1 Scag SW-48" walkbehind that is 24 years old and still runs good with the ORIGINAL motor...Sooo if your in the market for a new unit...Spend the extra money on the Scag would be my suggestion...

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
How old is the machine? I've worked on several kawasaki twins 15 hp and up in various riding mowers...never saw a voltage regulator fail yet, and i think that goes back to at least 2002. Those engines and electrical systems have been solid.
1 is 1 year the other is 2 years...the 1 year one failed

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
lol i just put an ign switch in the older one today

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have a 2004 Gravely 44Z that I bought new and now has 400 hours on it. The only thing I have done to it is bought a new battery last year. Still running original belts. It has a 17 hp Kawasaki that sips gas.

·
Registered
40,007 Posts
I have a 2004 Gravely 44Z that I bought new and now has 400 hours on it. The only thing I have done to it is bought a new battery last year. Still running original belts. It has a 17 hp Kawasaki that sips gas.
Same for my 2003 husqvarna lawn tractor that has a 17 hp kawasaki twin... it has nearly 400 hrs also...but boy does that sucker eat gas. I can run my other 16 hp kohler iron duke powered garden tractor thats nearly 50 years old with a zillion more hours far longer before refilling plus it hold less fuel.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts