Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is admittedly an editorial...but an educated one I think. I believe Arctic Cat took a chance and produced and sold a borderline race motor in the F7...and it is bitting them in the butt because they put too much faith in the average F7 buyer and dealer network. The F7 is NOT a typical sled that Joe Average Rider can just jump on and go like an Indy 500. It is the KTM of the sled world. The difference is the average KTM buyer knows that to get that extra performance, you have to give something in return (warm-up, high maintenance, clunky tranys, etc).

Arctic Cat should have better educated their dealers...the root of many of the problems. They should also have better documented issues like warm-up times, smart valve sensitivity to ice, break-in procedures, etc. Live and learn I guess.

I fear the result of all the backlash will be a de-tuned F7 in 2004 and much more conservative releases by Cat down the road. I hope I'm wrong. Any opinions? Marc

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I too think the engine will be tuned down next year or the following year. they got to pass the 2006 Emmisions test some how. I dont want no stinkin catalytic convertor where the canister is suppose to go.

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
Go to the cylender/piston possible recall. Greg Spaulding said it himself from amsnow that the 04 700's will not be de-tuned. The motor itself is solid. So don't start these rumors. It is just not worth it.

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
Also, the tighter they are in performance the better they should be in emmissions. Less fuel more air means cleaner burning! I would guess that they will incorporate the epts from the 500 to the 600 and 700 to make them even cleaner!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by zl5600@Jan 22 2003, 10:17 AM
Go to the cylender/piston possible recall. Greg Spaulding said it himself from amsnow that the 04 700's will not be de-tuned. The motor itself is solid. So don't start these rumors. It is just not worth it.
Well, first of all it was an opinion...not a rumor :wacko:
...and I would doubt gls would step up to the plate and publically say "yep, we are going to de-tune them a bit" Marc

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by Team Arctic@Jan 22 2003, 09:53 AM
Arctic Cat should have better educated their dealers...the root of many of the problems.
No doubt that dealer setup had alot to do with problems. I for one am lucky and have a very competant dealer, the result - ZERO PROBLEMS!!! My brother the same deal.

I feel bad for those of you who have dealers who are perhaps "sub-par". Maybe its time to switch dealers?? I did this year and am glad I did.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Comparing a F-7 to a KTM??? Not bad considering KTM has set the standard for off road bikes. Lafferty has one how many consecutive enduro championships? KTM also makes THE most horsepower in the !/4 liter class and if I'm not mistaken the 125's as well.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I am with Team Arctic on this one. In order to ride the F7 you just can't put on your gear, started it up and pin the throttle. You have to pay attention. It is a very stout motor right from the factory. Can't relate to KTM but can to Ducati. The "ducks" are very touchy to changes and riders of these machines know that you must pay attention to the feedback that the machine gives you and if you do the riding pleasure is way better than anything the competition can come up with.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by krispy-7@Jan 22 2003, 10:43 AM
Comparing a F-7 to a KTM??? Not bad considering KTM has set the standard for off road bikes. Lafferty has one how many consecutive enduro championships? KTM also makes THE most horsepower in the !/4 liter class and if I'm not mistaken the 125's as well.
Totally agree...and the F7 makes the most HP/cc in the snowmobile world. Marc

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I am not bashing any one but..when u say cat should off said more
about warm up time..ice in the smart valve and break in time...how
is it cat's fault when some dummy get's on the machine when it is
-20 let's it run for 2 sec then get's on it and hammer's the shit out of it!!!
As far as ice on the smart valve u should be using de-icer in the first place..
why put it in only when the machine freeze up?most of the time the damage
is done by then and it only cost $4.00 a bottle at ur dealer!!!As far as breaking i ran the shit out of mine after it had on 20 miles on it!!!once
again i made sure it was warmed up right and had de-icer in the tank.I now
have 1450 miles on and had 0 proplem's.If people dont like there sled's
get rid of them i am sick and tired of listening to people on here whining and crying about proplem's WHICH MOST WAS CAUSED BY THE OWNER.What did u expect u were getting a 340 poo?Any one now's when a company realese's
a 140hp sled with only 700cc it is bascily a race engine and that a few simple thing's like warming it up right..using de-icer..and a good break in are needed.If a few people out cant do these simple little step's better sell it and get somthing like a 500 indy!!!!PS rob can we set up a crying board!!!!!! :angry:

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by rev them up@Jan 22 2003, 12:49 PM
PS rob can we set up a crying board!!!!!! :angry:
Yeah, we can put it next to the "Spelling and Grammar" Board!!!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by rev them up@Jan 22 2003, 12:49 PM
Any one now's when a company realese's
a 140hp sled with only 700cc it is bascily a race engine and that a few simple thing's like warming it up right..using de-icer..and a good break in are needed.
Rev buddy, chill out a little. This isn't a bash or whine thread. But your comment above was the entire purpose for my original post...sorry it blew over your head. I think you are absolutely wrong that everyone knew that...this forum is FULL of evidence to the contrary. You are barking up the wrong tree accusing me of crying about problems :wacko: ...Marc

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Did i mention ur name :wacko: ?What tree am i barking up??All i am saying
is people should USE common sense!!!When u see the temp light come on shut it down not keep on driving it!!!Use de-icer!!!U let ur car or truck warm up let ur machine warm up befor running the piss out of it!!!60% of the burn down's on here are from people not doing these small little step's.PS check
the post i put up about the recall u mentioned about the pistion recall.Is this spelled better JAY??

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by Jay+Jan 22 2003, 10:37 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Team Arctic
@Jan 22 2003, 09:53 AM
Arctic Cat should have better educated their dealers...the root of many of the problems.
No doubt that dealer setup had alot to do with problems. I for one am lucky and have a very competant dealer, the result - ZERO PROBLEMS!!! My brother the same deal.

I feel bad for those of you who have dealers who are perhaps "sub-par". Maybe its time to switch dealers?? I did this year and am glad I did.[/b]
:) I too, have a great dealer...they've taken good care of us. I've only had the problem with the snow flap--that's all.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
none, your Dealer should have found the blockage while doing the setup of the machine before selling it to you.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
no, but it had .8 hrs on the hour meter before I even picked it up. Dealer has lenghty procedure to go over every sled they sell. They take 3 hours to set up every sled they sell, maybe that is why they have not had any burn down's related to what they do for their setup/delivery procedure.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts