Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife, Lisa, is on the forum just as much as I am and she rides just as hard and fast as I do. Some of you talk about your wife's sled, so does any of them have a firecat? I am sure some of you love to leave the women behind. Not I............ I love trying to catch my wife on her F7 Sabercat!

She is the best riding partner that I have ever had!
Sorry guys....................

·
Registered
580 Posts
You are lucky then, my wife doesn't care to snowmobile, but my daughter just loves it. soon she will be old enough to ride with me. That will be fun...

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm trying to talk my wife into takeing the 02 zl 600 efi esr
for a ride . It is not working yet. But it took me 3 years
to get her to ride one of the atvs. I will keep trying.

·
Registered
580 Posts
My wife's first time on the sled was riding in front of me as we blasted across the lake, No helmet, at night, colder than heck she was trying to hide behind the windshield when we hit an ice heave and flew through the air, the landing was what sucked as she hit her head on the steering post right on the bridge of her nose, broke her nose gave her two black eyes, boy was she pissed... needless to say it took 3 years to get her back on one, by herself, she made two laps around the bay on the lake and that has been it...Sorry honey just didn't cut it that time...

·
Premium Member
25,555 Posts
No, my wife doesn't own a Firecat. If it had the Smart Ride suspension, she would. She can keep up with me pretty well on her ZL 600.

·
Registered
404 Posts
All I know is that this isn't a good sport for meeting women. 99.9% of women in the sport are there because of a husband.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
tried many times to get my wife to ride, she hates the cold
plus would not want her with on the annual trip to hurley, wisconsin

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Every wonder why the call it the red light rally in hurley???
Its a red light district.
There are 3 strip clubs on the same block in that town. toobad im not old enough to watch the entertainment when i go there. :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
f7 ditch jumper,
you are obviously not married, the one guy said his wife reads this forum
so now she has learned the hurley secret,
young man your time will come

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
My wife rides a '97 Panther 440-I'm trying to get her to upgrade-she doesn't see the need. She only goes a few times a year. Once she fed the deer at the Big "T" on the trail to Inlet, NY she was hooked. :wub: I'm just happy to have her riding with me. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
My wife would ride a firecat if it had reverse. She hate picking the damn things up. She rides a 03 ZL 600 EFI esr SS. The older I get, I'm starting to think she may have something there but my ego and need for speed won't let me ride no "womans sled". Sure wish my "Mans Sled" had reverse though.

·
Registered
986 Posts
My wifes F7 Blk Saber is set up like mine & she beats me all the way , even top end but shes 70 lbs lighter

·
Registered
210 Posts
My wife was all set to buy an F5 when I bought my F7 but she insisted on having EFI. So she got a 2003 ZL600 EFI SS instead. I think she will be very happy with that though.

·
Registered
861 Posts
My wife rides a 2000 ZR 600. She is no speed demon, but goes a little faster each time we go out. I just set a pace that she can handle and each time take here through a little bit tougher terrain.
I may get her an F5 next year if I can get it in ESR.

Kevin

·
Registered
514 Posts
I am woman... get outta the way!!! I've got the F5 Team Arctic Red sno-pro.. the hubby has the F7 same graphics but green instead and still the sno-pro.

We are really happy with how they ride and handle as alot of the trails up here aren't groomed like Tug hill's highways. I switched from a yamaha Vmax XT 500, the suspension sucked on that one!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey, dingoblu.....glad you like your firecats and that I'm not the only woman who drives's one. We probably give a whole new meaning to the phrase"lady driven"!!

Happy sledding,
Mrs. Firecat :p

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
My wife's ride for this year is a 2000 ZR 500. Hoping to get a her an F6 EFI next year?!

The best riding that I have done has been when its just my wife and I, we set a comfortable pace and go, although most of the time she's pushing me to go faster!!! LOL!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hey Mrs. Firecat, I wish I had gotten the F7 now too... I swipe Craig's whenever I get the chance.

I had to laugh when I picked up mine at the dealers... had it loaded on the trailer when the guy walks by and asks if it is mine... I say yes, and he starts to warn me to be careful with that thing...LOL

Where do you ride out of? Maybe we will cross paths one of these days:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts