Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to be snow-checking a new Polaris sled this year.
Looking for suggestions for a dealership.
I live in the Metro Detroit area but the dealer does not have to be.
Seems like some do parts great, others might give you a good deal on the purchase but where are the dealers that give good after the sale support.

My local dealer treats me real good on parts, but I would not buy a girl scout cookie from either of the two salesman. Total lairs and clowns. The mechanic they have, hates sleds, and damn near refuses to work on them, so that is out for any warranty that might be needed.
Another local'ish dealer has a few great salesman, but their parts dept is run by a couple of kids that don't know what a spark plug looks like plus they only order parts once a week. Their service dept is a joke. They treat their customers like crap and wont work on anything they did not sell there.

So, who do you use ?????

TIA

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
None of those. I’d fire that mechanic or hire another one to do sleds if they are to much for the atv tire changer

·
Registered
190 Posts
First question I have is, do you ride around home at all or do you typically head somewhere to ride? If you travel to ride, and the majority of your riding is in that particular location, I'd look for a dealer in that area .... since you'd want/need service while you're up there anyway. Sucks to hear the dealer you do like, has shitty salesmen and mechanic. I hope you find what you're looking for .. good luck!

Reactions: polaris bob

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I live in the Metro Detroit area but the deader does not have to be.
Seems like some do parts great, others might give you a good deal on the purchase but where are the dealers that give good after the sale support.

My local dealer treats me real good on parts, but I would not buy a girl scout cookie from either of the two salesman. Total lairs and clowns. The mechanic they have, hates sleds, and damn near refuses to work on them, so that is out for any warranty that might be needed.
Another local'ish dealer has a few great salesman, but their parts dept is run by a couple of kids that don't know what a spark plug looks like plus they only order parts once a week. Their service dept is a joke. They treat their customers like crap and wont work on anything they did not sell there.

So, who do you use ?????

TIA

Same question......where do you ride? If UP. I’d consider Renze’s (family owned/run) in Munising. Or Nelsons speed shop in Greenville are mostly good people, Although I haven’t dealt with them directly in a few years.

I have the same issue though on the skidoo front.....buy from a salesman that is OK and seems to beat everyone, but every time I deal with them its a long drive and they are a pain/incompetent.

Now I’m going to try and buy from the areas I ride vs near my home......

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live in the Metro Detroit area but the deader does not have to be.

So, who do you use ?????

TIA
I drive all the way down to Babbitts, they always beat everyone I ever check with on the first offer.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
From talking with different Polaris owners on the trails I have regularly heard good things about County Wide PowerSports in Harbor Springs MI and Ball Equipment in Sandusky MI.
Another vote for County Wide...I bought my 21 SBA from them and last winter their service department was able to diagnose and fix my 12 Pro RMK that I had got in a trade and they were very fair on parts and labor. Give Aaron a call and see what they can do. 🇺🇸👊🏻

·
Registered
25 Posts
J&L Motorsports in Techumseh has been great to work with. Some one recommended Renzes in Munising, I’m not sure I would want to have any service done there.

·
Registered
189 Posts
What about Grace Performance? down in Lower MI and if you are riding in the UP all the time, then give Pat's Yamaha a call, they are a great dealer, and they are a great Polaris dealer as well, it's now Pat's Motorsports but they are a great dealer. I know them really well, they are a customer of mine and have really gone over the top for us before in the past when we have had sled issues.

You also have Iron Mountain Powersports in Houghton, Iron Mountain and Marquette. Please shoot me a PM with any questions you might have about whatever dealer you decide to start working with, I can give you names of all of the right people within those dealers so that you get the right guy, and not the "flat brimmer" or "kid" behind the counter as you mentioned.

Also please try to keep in mind when dealing with dealers right now, many are way under staffed, haven't been able to recover from COVID, also many have no inventory within parts and or with units because of the destroyed supply chain, so it's not the dealers fault, they are at the mercy of the OEM right now, and I just can't stress that enough.

I get bummed when I hear people blast a dealer that I know because they sat on hold for 5 minutes........dealers are people too.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Grace performance isn’t a Polaris dealer
I live right by Greenia’s in Almont and if I was going to buy a Polaris I would use them... (or I would use Babbitts if the price was worth the drive)

·
Registered
189 Posts
I live right by Greenia’s in Almont and if I was going to buy a Polaris I would use them... (or I would use Babbitts if the price was worth the drive)
Crap wrong dealer, I need to call Grace Performance, I meant Leaders RPM.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ive bought 2 sleds from Greenias, he had the best deal on a Matryx XC Launch an gave me 7s at cost. Dont know about their service dept havnt had to use them. I have heard of complaints about the service dept at Ball Equipmet Richmond, an theyre prices are higher too. K&W always acts like they dont want your buisness when you call. Bought a KTM from Grace that was a good experience but like said not as Polaris dealer.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
J&L Motorsports in Techumseh has been great to work with. Some one recommended Renzes in Munising, I’m not sure I would want to have any service done there.
While it's been a while since I've dealt with them, they're on my short list of people to contact right now.
Have no real complaints with them over the years.
Not that this is a complaint but seeing how they are a smaller shop, if they get busy they get backed up but that's with any good place.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What about Grace Performance? down in Lower MI and if you are riding in the UP all the time, then give Pat's Yamaha a call, they are a great dealer, and they are a great Polaris dealer as well, it's now Pat's Motorsports but they are a great dealer. I know them really well, they are a customer of mine and have really gone over the top for us before in the past when we have had sled issues.

You also have Iron Mountain Powersports in Houghton, Iron Mountain and Marquette. Please shoot me a PM with any questions you might have about whatever dealer you decide to start working with, I can give you names of all of the right people within those dealers so that you get the right guy, and not the "flat brimmer" or "kid" behind the counter as you mentioned.

Also please try to keep in mind when dealing with dealers right now, many are way under staffed, haven't been able to recover from COVID, also many have no inventory within parts and or with units because of the destroyed supply chain, so it's not the dealers fault, they are at the mercy of the OEM right now, and I just can't stress that enough.

I get bummed when I hear people blast a dealer that I know because they sat on hold for 5 minutes........dealers are people too.
Thank you for your wisdom and insight, it's greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts

I’ve heard a lot of good things about Pats and well said about cutting dealers some slack.🇺🇸👍🏼

·
Registered
512 Posts
I've gotta say Leaders near Kalamazoo has very good prices. I've bought sleds from them but have been very lucky and never needed warranty work done. So can't speak for snow service. However they went above and beyond on some used watercraft I bought from them.

·
Registered
189 Posts
WTF.........just another dishonest human pushing a dealer back a few steps, if it's not customer theft, it's internal employee theft, and if it's not monetary theft from a dishonest employee, then it's someone stealing time from the dealer, or calling in sick all the time, or whatnot. It's not all fun and games at a dealer. Most people don't get that.

·
Registered
2019 Polaris XC 850
1,230 Posts

I wouldn't walk across the street to get a free masheen from that rude clown that runs Pat's.
Just my experience.
J & L is pretty good.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts