Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is not a repeat question, but the search thing doesn't seem to work on this forum.

While up north last weekend I started talking to an F7 owner that had his ECU updated. He said that it killed his sleds performance and the dealer was giving him the run around about replacing it with another one.
He said that he regrets ever letting them mess with it.
In another post, someone said (My "updated" ecu is the cause of my problems.)

So my question is, have their been any updates that have proven to do more harm than good?

·
Registered
4 Posts
That was me that said that. I sent my ecu back to Cat in january, simply because I had the opertunity to do so. It was said that the updated ecu's were "safer". I have regreted that ever since. The "update" has left my F7 with no top end under most conditions.

Anyone that has an updated ecu and reduced performance please post or email me.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
In one of Big Chief's posts he mentions pretty high oil consumption after the oil pump update was done. I found the same thing. Mine is about 40:1 or so. If I had any winter left, I would probably back it off and try to find the right ratio. No sense in wasting oil and gumming up the valves!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
The AC pull cord fix isn't that great. Broke my cord once before it was installed and again two weeks after it was installed...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts