Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about the Powder Pros on a hard pack trail, i know there great in loose stuff but how about an icey or good hardpack trail... I'm in school right now, gotta go boys... later

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have just turned 180 miles on a set of Powder Pros - they work great on hard packed trails - not pushing and very responsive no matter what speed. The placement of the carbide seems to be farther back than the AC skis. I beleive this contributes to the bite as well as changes the effective chamber to lower steering effort. I am very confident approaching turns and getting on the throttle leaving the apex after bolting on the Powder Pros. I am running 6 1/4" X 60 carbides - ice is not an issue.

·
Registered
252 Posts
bilbat,
Have you experienced any darting on the hard pack? Did you say that the steering effort is less than the cat skis, because my cat skis with my set-up are quite easy already.

Thanks,
catfish

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have not experienced any darting yet. I am running 3/8" tow out & limiter strap on the middle hole with SP suspension. This weekend I will take the tow out - out and see what happens. Yes, the steering effort is significantly reduced. Mine was really easy to turn with stock tune but pushed like crazy especially while exiting a sharp turn under hard acceleration. I sucked the strap up and the effort was considerably more than stock tune.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats all i needed to hear... thats bud... i'm gonna get a pair

1 - 5 of 5 Posts