Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PUT A NEW( SNOW STUFF) CAN ON MY 02 RENAGADE 600 IT SOUNDS GREAT AND WORKS LIKE A TOP. BUT I THINK IM GOING TO HAVE TO JET THE CARBS BECAUSE IT STINKS OF FUEL AND SEEMS TO BE A LITTLE HARDER ON FUEL. DOSE THAT SOUND NORMAL... WHAT SIZE JET WOULD YOU PUT IN 1 OR 2 SIZES SMALLER AND WOULD I HAVE TO DO ANYTHING ELSE LIKE AN AIRBOX MOD.

·
Registered
460 Posts
before you go changing your jets with not knowing if it's jetted lean or fat...what does your plug color and piston wash tell you?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Your question " ARE CANS ANY GOOD "

Simple Answer: There really good for closing down our trail system.[/b]
So what do we do with the harleys that have there loud pipes shut down the roads? The trail systems aren't going anywhere. If they do shut down is because of the people that don't know how to stay on the trail.

·
Registered
149 Posts
good for shutting down the trail systems?? jeeze if everyone that had a pipe on their sled here had to stay off the trails, there wouldnt be any snowmobiling going on period. In my area of new brunswick nobody gives a damn about the pipes and 99 percent of the people here actually like the sound of them. if somebody wants to put a pipe on their sled theres nothing stopping them from doing so, if i wanted a pipe on my sled, which is too late cuz its already piped, i could care less about what a few people think of it, if ya drive sensibly and arent out all hours of the night ripping up and down the streets while people are trying to sleep then there really isnt a problem, its all common sense guys, if a land owner is that uptight and hostile that when a sled goes thru the trail by his house at 2 in the afternoon and gets so worked up and mad that he hasta make a big commotion about it then well the trail should not have went thru his property anyways because somebody musta knew or had an idea that this land owner was a hot head. its all a big pile of hassle, if ya use a tiny bit of common sense everything will be just fine.

i am a landowner and have the groomed trail going right thru my backyard and never have i ever been even a tiny bit ticked off at loud sleds or anything for that matter that has to do with snowmobiling thru that peice of trail, i keep it bushed out and cleaned up as much as i can on my own time to help people out, i dont like going thru the trails with bushes banging the cab of my sled and i dont imagine other people do either. if only all landowners were like this we wouldnt be having this conversation.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well guys, I am not going to argue with you about this. After all Coburn07 “could care less about what a few people think” The facts are we are having trails closed around us and excessive noise is one of the major complaints from the people who are pushing the governments to close down these trails. You must understand that not everyone likes snowmobiles so the less impact that we each make the better off we will all be in the long term.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I guess i had that typed out wrong, this is how it shoulda went... its not that i dont care what people may think about snowmobiles and pipes and cans and all that stuff, its that i live in an area that this isnt an issue and ya never hafta wonder what people think because it never crosses their mind, but not everyplace is as easy going as around here. Thankfully nobody gives a f**k about this issue here.

·
Registered
435 Posts
After market cans and Pipes now illegal in Maine and New Hampshire....same deal about closing trails...Friend was ticketed last season for his can and it was not load at all....

·
Registered
149 Posts
yah i heard that pipes were illegal in maine, i live right on the border of maine and a few friends of mine were out around bangor on their sleds and they went thru a trail check with their sleds that were piped and the people doing the check never said anything about not being alowed to have them when they brought up the topic. unless just in certain counties within Maine pipes are banned, thats probably what it is. In NB i really cant see them being banned and if they are banned ya wont see people take them off, you will see alot of people probably take em off but not everyone will for sure, if you arent on the managed trail system theres no reason for you to take it off anyways.

·
Registered
2 Posts
PUT A NEW( SNOW STUFF) CAN ON MY 02 RENAGADE 600 IT SOUNDS GREAT AND WORKS LIKE A TOP. BUT I THINK IM GOING TO HAVE TO JET THE CARBS BECAUSE IT STINKS OF FUEL AND SEEMS TO BE A LITTLE HARDER ON FUEL. DOSE THAT SOUND NORMAL... WHAT SIZE JET WOULD YOU PUT IN 1 OR 2 SIZES SMALLER AND WOULD I HAVE TO DO ANYTHING ELSE LIKE AN AIRBOX MOD.[/b]
NO CANS SUX THEY SHUT TRAILS DOWN DUE TO NOISE

·
Registered
91 Posts
So what do we do with the harleys that have there loud pipes shut down the roads? The trail systems aren't going anywhere. If they do shut down is because of the people that don't know how to stay on the trail.[/b]
I'd have to agree.

This guy asked if he should rejet leaner. He didn't ask if anyone gave a fuck about his loud can. It seems like no one can ask a question regarding a loud aftermarket can without getting told how loud sleds are shutting down there trails.

-Matt

·
Registered
682 Posts
YAH! LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES...... :popcorn:

·
Registered
603 Posts
:wtf: He asks a question, and everyone starts a bashfest? I'd hate to see what happens if everyone gets their panties in a bunch over a question, if he drove by you with a can on. :blink: :nuts:

·
Registered
80 Posts
WOW I was going to ask the same thing,,, would like to know if a new can (after market) would help with performance and what other things might need to be done,,,,BUT AFTER THE BASHING "600 REG" took ,,I will think long and hard about asking anything here,,,,,,YOU PEOPLE ARE WORSE THAN Harley Riders,,car fenders don`t care what kind of bike your on,,loud pipes or rice rockets,,it`s gonna HURT the same. He didn`t ask for your input on the noise level just the performance gains,,,,,Geee I thought we were all SNOWMOBILERS HERE,,,guess not,,,,,,,, I get ditched the same way from HD guys because I ride a "V".

·
Registered
10 Posts
"are cans any good"
That is one question that so many people ask and its pointless because its all personal preffrence i mean some people hate cans but like anything else it depends what you have i mean a ski-doo is no diffrent then a car in that sense it all depends on your style in which everyone is diffrent so yes you will get your bashers no matter what you get even if you leave it stock for example i have a race can that is just loud soon as you touch the throttle some people love that loud crackle others hate it , nobody can tell you if a can is good or if its junk as you have seen with the posts on this topic however there is a medium in the mbrp trail can which can be used without even hearing that modd sound but like i said its all your own personal likes and dislikes i mean from this point of view is a ski-doo anything else with a motor.

·
Registered
12,093 Posts
So what do we do with the harleys that have there loud pipes shut down the roads? The trail systems aren't going anywhere. If they do shut down is because of the people that don't know how to stay on the trail.[/b]
Just how dumb are you?

Public roads vs. PRIVATE land.

I've never heard of anyone complaining about loud Harleys in their back yard at 3am. Have you?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just how dumb are you?

Public roads vs. PRIVATE land.

I've never heard of anyone complaining about loud Harleys in their back yard at 3am. Have you?[/b]
So are you saying that if we ride on public roads then it's ok to have a can? Are cans only loud on private land.... :nuts: People who have trails through their backyards know what they're getting into.....

·
Registered
12,093 Posts
People who have trails through their backyards know what they're getting into.....[/b]
And guess the hell what, those trails can be closed down! :withstupid: I can close down the trail that runs on my land. I can't close the public road. Get it?

me> :nutkick: <you

1 - 20 of 31 Posts