Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a tunnel wrap for my Switchback Assault from Arctic FX. They have two options glossy and matte. I think I’d like the look of the matte a little more but I’m wondering about durability. The main reason I want to wrap it is because the bare aluminum is getting scuffed and but I don’t want the wrap to look like crap within a year. Anybody have any experience with these wraps? Does the matte version scratch easier than the glossy? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Banned
21,472 Posts
I've used their tunnel wraps in the past and they are quality products - don't be concerned. On my 2012 Switchback, I had them design a tunnel wrap for me and I had it for 2 years before I sold the sled ... probably close to 2700 miles on it and it held up great, even where my boots would be rubbing against it. On my 2016, I ended up with a paint chip on the painted tunnel so I bought a wrap to cover it up ... again, held up extremely well. There's getting to be a lot of options out there for wrap vendors, but I can vouch for Arctic/FX and the quality of their products. Spendy, but still great quality.

·
Premium Member
3,062 Posts
Looking at buying a tunnel wrap for my Switchback Assault from Arctic FX. They have two options glossy and matte. I think I’d like the look of the matte a little more but I’m wondering about durability. The main reason I want to wrap it is because the bare aluminum is getting scuffed and but I don’t want the wrap to look like crap within a year. Anybody have any experience with these wraps? Does the matte version scratch easier than the glossy? Any input would be appreciated.
I have done matte and gloss both look great! Orange black white is gloss. My grey and black is matte. My sled graphics are matte which is why

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright I think I’m gonna go for it. Haven’t totally decided on colour yet but by the sounds of it they make a good product. Thanks for the input guys

·
Premium Member
3,062 Posts
Alright I think I’m gonna go for it. Haven’t totally decided on colour yet but by the sounds of it they make a good product. Thanks for the input guys
Show us when its done!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I will for sure. They’re actually really helpful at Arctic Fx. They’re sending me out a sample to make sure it’s the right colour to match the sled.

·
Registered
2020 Khaos 850
328 Posts
I had a matching one made on my old SBA 600. Went with the glossy finish and it turned out good. After 2 seasons it obviously had some marks but nothing noticeable unless you were very close. Quality product

1 - 7 of 7 Posts