Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the hell is going on 2 dealers in my area are not selling cat any more wtf is going on they said cat is hard to deal with! I have too have my speedo sensor done on warranty they said they can do it untill dec 31 so im bringing it on sat to have done now he is trying to ssell me a ski doo. what going on? :banghead:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
There's a polaris dealer like 5 mintutes away from me and they used to sell cat but they stopped because cat was telling them to buy a bunch of sleds off them,but they did'nt want to because they know they won't sell that many cats in one year so they said the hell with you where goin stop, so they stopped selling cat and know it's just polaris.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
pretty sad other cat dealers can't sell the 25 per yr minimum, as of last saturday mornings count we have 139 cats in stock(40 assembled for display) and there are gonna be approx 40-60 more on the way shortly after the sale they (cat) have next week, by winters end we'll be down to approx 30-40 left over for next year, it has NOTHING to do with them being hard to deal with, having worked at a polaris dealer and experiencing their "wrath" when trying to get something warranteed DURING the actuual warranty period, there's no way cat is "hard to deal with", <(just another copout for a lazy ass dealer)IMHO,,,,,just ask members kodiakman76, spazr, koolkatf7, kraemerf, ed6910, cathogg, gat803, michcatgirl, snotroll, zr7cat, spankey, jonnyrocketracing, just to name a few, they'll tell you how a dealer truly puts effort into what their passion truly is, just ask any of them who their favorite dealer is, you'll be surprised,,,,,,,,, :cn:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Originally posted by C-NOTEPLUSf503@Aug 24 2005, 06:47 AM
pretty sad other cat dealers can't sell the 25 per yr minimum, as of last saturday mornings count we have 139 cats in stock(40 assembled for display) and there are gonna be approx 40-60 more on the way shortly after the sale they (cat) have next week, by winters end we'll be down to approx 30-40 left over for next year, it has NOTHING to do with them being hard to deal with, having worked at a polaris dealer and experiencing their "wrath" when trying to get something warranteed DURING the actuual warranty period, there's no way cat is "hard to deal with", <(just another copout for a lazy ass dealer)IMHO,,,,,just ask members kodiakman76, spazr, koolkatf7, kraemerf, ed6910, cathogg, gat803, michcatgirl, snotroll, zr7cat, spankey, jonnyrocketracing, just to name a few, they'll tell you how a dealer truly puts effort into what their passion truly is, just ask any of them who their favorite dealer is, you'll be surprised,,,,,,,,, :cn:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=845670
[/quote]

only 25 a year?! :augen41:

cat dealer near me still has 03s out on the floor! :dance2: :drunk:

all i go there for is parts, so what does that tell ya.... boneheads! :frech32:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I guess I'll have to disagree with cnote on this one. I do the books for my local dealer and for the last 3 yrs we've been on the fringe of dropping them as far as sleds go. Every year its been they tell us how many sleds we have to buy to qualify for the programs and then we counter offer and say this is all we are ordering or were done cause were not going to sink our business over it. We are located in a small town in ND but pull in customers from all over ND and quite a few from SD and MN but still we stretch to sell much over 20 sleds a year. With no snow in this area for quite a few years we don't sell trail sleds anymore and the mtn riders are starting to hold onto there sleds longer as the used values drop. Don't tell us were not passionate about what we sell cause the owner salesmen has been involved in the ND snowmoblie association for many years and is the reason we do pull in so many customers.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
I agree with red. The two dealers I have dealth with in the past have both said the same thing about Cat, they tell them how many sleds they want them to take. Both of them have told Cat to F off, they are only going to order the quanity that they want and know that they will sell.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by redF7sp@Aug 24 2005, 06:27 PM
  Every year its been they tell us how many sleds we have to buy to qualify for the programs and then we counter offer and say this is all we are ordering or were done cause were not going to sink our business over it.                                                                     

We are located in a small town in ND but pull in customers from all over ND and quite a few from SD and MN but still we stretch to sell much over 20 sleds a year.                                     

With no snow in this area for quite a few years we don't sell trail sleds anymore and the mtn riders are starting to hold onto there sleds longer as the used values drop.                       

Don't tell us were not passionate about what we sell                                                           

so many
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=846581
[/quote]
the minimum required to qualify for programs is a legitimate beef :div20:

your location definitely has something to do with total sales for your area i'm sure :div20:

sorry you don't get much snow anymore, think we are getting anymore?????,,,,,,,,,,NOT!!( luckily we have the u.p. to help out):div20:

never said you were'nt passionate, but a lot of the dealers i've been reading about aren't in your area, they're in decent snow areas, those are the "lazy ass" ones i refer to, not you,,,,,,,,, :div20:

BTW,,,,we get customers from alaska for sleds, sorry the market isn't stronger in your neck of the woods, truly i am sorry for that, i'd like to see all cat dealers be strong, however as you and i both know, that's just about impossible, again sorry to have offended you :beerchug:

but the number one thing that makes our success is that we try in every way to help the customer, just the opposite of what i've heard about some dealers in other topics in the past!!!!!!! :div20:

·
Registered
542 Posts
You are right on the money c-note I drive passed two cat dealers to get to one that gives a shit about me. There is no replacement for a good dealer. One that will go the extra mile for guys like us. And thay don't move a ton of sleds but thay still keep there heads above watter becouse thay take care for there costomers. :div20:

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by 97440express@Aug 24 2005, 07:24 PM
You are right on the money c-note I drive passed two cat dealers to get to one that gives a shit about me. There is no replacement for a good dealer. One that will go the extra mile for guys like us. And thay don't move a ton of sleds but thay still keep there heads above watter becouse thay take care for there costomers. :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=846660
[/quote]
Thank you, :bowdown: a person that realizes satisfaction from customer service standpoint :div20:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Also the guys I buy from (Dimmerman brothers) Also sell arctic atvs and thay have a big gander mountain (sporting goods store that sells arctic atvs) across the highway But thay keep customers becouse thay care about us!!! :div20:

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by 97440express@Aug 24 2005, 07:34 PM
Also the guys I buy from (Dimmerman brothers) Also sell arctic atvs and thay have a big gander mountain (sporting goods store that sells arctic atvs) across the highway                 

But thay keep customers becouse thay care about us!!! :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=846686
[/quote]
they're good guys Jim and the bunch :div20: , and that's the only way to expect any customer to be happy is to better serve them :div20: :banana:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Originally posted by C-NOTEPLUSf503@Aug 24 2005, 07:08 PM
BTW,,,,we get customers from alaska for sleds, sorry the market isn't stronger in your neck of the woods, truly i am sorry for that, i'd like to see all cat dealers be strong, however as you and i both know, that's just about impossible, again sorry to have offended you :beerchug:

but the number one thing that makes our success is that we try in every way to help the customer, just the opposite of what i've heard about some dealers in other topics in the past!!!!!!! :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=846640
[/quote]

No offense taken just wanted to show the other side of it. I definetly agree and I will say we are still a dealership because our rep has been willing to work with us and adjust things so we can still make it work. Also like you said we are doing better then some of the other dealers in the area including some in bigger cities and I hope its because of our customer service.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by redF7sp@Aug 24 2005, 07:56 PM
No offense taken just wanted to show the other side of it.  I definetly agree and I will say we are still a dealership because our rep has been willing to work with us and adjust things so we can still make it work.  Also like you said we are doing better then some of the other dealers in the area including some in bigger cities and I hope its because of our customer service.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=846734
[/quote]
:div20: :div20:

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I think the biggest reason for ac dealers getting out is losing market share.I am not bashing just stating a fact.The only sled that sells in big #'s is the f series.It just seems ac is a one sled company,imo.

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,420 Posts
i know my local poo dealer has been trying to get cat to
come in his doors and let him sell their sleds. can't get
them to show up. even after countless phone calls to the
area rep and cat themselves. he would love to sell cats,
cat just don't want to sell HIM any i guess :dunno:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.