Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not sure if its the best place but .....eBay?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I would specificly look for a dealer who has old stock clothing. Never mind the price.

Until a couple of years ago, their clothing was made in U.S.A. in their own factory. Since then, Cat's sh#t clothing (and pretty much everybody else's) is made in Korea, China, or some simular Pacific rim nation. Cat used to advertise their clothing was made and tested by snowmobilers for snowmobilers. The quality IS NOT THE SAME as it used to be! If you can't find any REAL Arcticwear, save some cash and buy the Chinese winter suits Walmart sells.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I've found the best deals on Cat leather suits at the shows. If you can attend one of the shows, go to the display that has the most clothing there...they DO NOT want to box all that stuff up and take it back to the shop. Find what you like, make a deal on it, then say you're going to look around for a while. If the guy can, he'll knock a few extra dollars off the price to keep you from leaving. Obviously, you'll get the best price on 1-2 year old leftover clothing. Getting the older clothing might also help in staying away from the cheaper-made stuff.

If you can't get to a show, I'd say shop ebay. A lot of the sellers on ebay also have links to their other items, which is where you can find what you want at decent pricing.

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
Kingdom Cat has there Labor day sale this weekend 20% off this years stuff and up to 50% off any of last years, give them a call they may deal if you are looking for something specall :banana:

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by vintage sled nut@Aug 24 2005, 08:53 PM
  Until a couple of years ago, their clothing was made in U.S.A. in their own factory. Since then, Cat's  sh#t clothing (and pretty much everybody else's) is made in Korea, China, or some simular Pacific rim nation.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=846844
[/quote]
FTR,,, this is where the "new look"(yuck!!)(sorry for those that like it,,, really i am!!)saber fanged cats head comes from, think of chinese fireworks and it'll hit you like a bolt of lightning once you make the connection,,,,,, :augen41:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Leather is far superior to keep you warm in bitter cold temps than anything else simply because it does not let ANY air through the material. But there is a price you pay for this....Weight. Leather of good quality is heavy, and is noticable after a long day of riding. I've had my leather Jacket for 7 years and it still loks like new. But since i have switched my riding style( or more precisely the stuff i ride in :read Powder) i went to a lighter fabric that breaths or vents more. But for longevity and Bitter cold weatehr riding gear it is tough to beat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts