Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe that all you people write in about this sled complaining yet are willing to live with Arctic Cats faults after shelling out all that money. I just bought a sno pro f7 and have ridden it 50 miles. I have never been on a less impressive machine in my life. Ride quality was good but god forbid you need to turn this tank!! This is my second Arctic Cat in 10 years and I am making arrangements to trade it before I suffer all the B.S. you guys are going through. Now I know why I always stayed away from cats!! I buy a sled to ride it not to constantly have to update manufacturers mistakes cause they wanted to sell the sled this season instead of next. Should have kept my XC Edge.

·
Registered
394 Posts
faceman, I guess theres nothing wrong wilh riding a new sled with a TEN YEAR OLD DESIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would be more than happy to line up with your new OLD XC!
You have to take the good with the bad, this sled is not for beginners!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I :p have to disagree Faceman, I have ridden just about every sled out there and by far my F7 Patriot Sno Pro is the best sled I personally have ever ridden

R

·
0 Posts
Thats ok Faceman you can wipe your tears with your second place ribbon this year. Arctic Cat Ride On!!

·
Registered
899 Posts
look we discussed the turning issue before. sit up close lean hit brake going in and accelerate out! this sled is made to be driven if you want to ride hop on the back of my wifes 2 up

·
Registered
146 Posts
:lol: foreman, r u on GLUE? An XC over a Firecat, come on r u really serious, tell you what, go ride your
XC with 1990 CAT Technology, like noted earlier this is not a sled for BEGINNERS!!!!

:angry: df

·
Registered
629 Posts
Originally posted by faceman@Dec 6 2002, 05:01 PM
I can't believe that all you people write in about this sled complaining yet are willing to live with Arctic Cats faults after shelling out all that money. I just bought a sno pro f7 and have ridden it 50 miles. I have never been on a less impressive machine in my life. Ride quality was good but god forbid you need to turn this tank!! This is my second Arctic Cat in 10 years and I am making arrangements to trade it before I suffer all the B.S. you guys are going through. Now I know why I always stayed away from cats!! I buy a sled to ride it not to constantly have to update manufacturers mistakes cause they wanted to sell the sled this season instead of next. Should have kept my XC Edge.
Check your sled. Please don't mind us, when we fly by you and kick snow in your fac sheild.

But if you see an Arctic Cat rider, don't piss him off, because we are kind enough to carry a tow strap around. This way we can ensure you get back to the trailer... :rolleyes: :D :eek: :ph34r:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hilarious!

If you are unable to make adjustments on your sled to change the handling...that is what the dealer is for.

I can tell you positive attitudes are far more likely to achieve positive results.

Too bad your dealer didn't take the time to set the sled up to your liking...or maybe you didn't explain to him how you like to ride.

PLEASE NO WHINERS!

·
Registered
168 Posts
faceman

To each his own. Go back to Pol and good luck, but don't waste our server space with your whining.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
faceman, sorry to hear about your displeasure with your sled. You make a valid point though that a lot of people on this board, despite the bevy of problems the Fcats have shown in the limited time they've been on the snow, still display an almost blind devotion to Cat. However, it's probably not the best idea to come on a Firecat board and start trashing Firecats or their owners.

Good luck with your new machine, and take heart knowing that even if you're riding a "ten year old design," you're the one riding on the weekend and not waiting for backordered parts. I feel bad for those who've had problems with their sleds. Fortunately, Cat has shown in the past that they care about their customers. Hopefully they can keep enough parts in stock to keep their customers happy until they get all the bugs ironed out.

·
Registered
394 Posts
face, forgot to add I have a JDX-4 it handles great but not as good as a XC.
Coming into a corner at 45 mph, is a lot different than coming in at WARP 4!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey I'll give all you pssie a 100 bucks for yor machine just so you can ride your pusolaris
Deal with the first year production or SHUT -UP!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
If there were about 15,000 or 16,000 f cats made and if
half have been run, how many have had a prob that was
not because of the dealer not checking out the sled/or setting
it up the right way. I have started reading this form in Oct
and I have not seen one yet other than the rope. I think that
CAT has a prob with there dealer network and not there sleds!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Originally posted by hvf7@Dec 8 2002, 08:01 PM
If there were about 15,000 or 16,000 f cats made and if
half have been run, how many have had a prob that was
not because of the dealer not checking out the sled/or setting
it up the right way. I have started reading this form in Oct
and I have not seen one yet other than the rope. I think that
CAT has a prob with there dealer network and not there sleds!
I agree , my dealer hasn't lost any motors yet , knock on wood ! This guy sounds like DOO to me!

·
Registered
125 Posts
FACE MAN AFTER RIDIN POLARIS FOR HOW EVER LONG DONT U THINK U MIGHT HAVE TO GET USED TO A FIRECAT AND ITS DESIGN???? its a first year sled and has 10x the technology as the dinosaur chassi of the XC before u start dissing the machine give it a chance to get used to i know it took me some time going from the ZR chassi to the firecat chassi now i can barely pull my self from the sled, 660 miles and NO PROBLEMS except for trying to keep my roost out other riders teeth LOL :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guys:
Thanks for all your concern with my new F7 firecat. Rode it 100 more mile this weekend in tug hill. Still think it is the worst chassis I have been on. I guess too each is own. I will gladley trade or sell this sled. If anyone out there did just the opposite of me and bought a polaris and hates it I'll trade with you. Looking for 03 Polaris xc700 pro x. Lets make a deal. Also I've been at this sport for about 20 years now so I wouldn't consider myself a newbie. Possibly just use to a different chassis setup. It's too bad cause the firecat is the hottest looking thing out this year shame it doesn't live up!! Anxiously awaiting a trade reply.

·
Registered
772 Posts
its more of a shame faceless that u bought a firecat...and its more of a shame yet u bought it thinking it was gonna be the same ride and riding style as ur outdated polaris....try sliding ur butt forward..leaning..other then just sitting there..and finally im sorry u bought the sled on looks alone...sure sounds like u did..whats wrong with ur Pro X?? why didnt u buy one instead?? i could careless what u drive..but its behond me why someone would by a sled without researching it enough and knowing if its the sled for him..dont knock a sled that u shouldnt even been riding...my friend whos got a pro x 700 2003 would gladly trade sleds because why?? because he sick of riding a slow 700.. :) thanks for trying shop again!! :lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Faceman,
You have a point. I'm coming off a polaris too. My F7 doesn't turn (to my liking). Regardless what another guy stated you shouldn't have to stab the brake to turn. Especially on those 70 MPH sweepers!
I'll work on this chassis till I get it right. Started in '69 and not ready to quit - yet!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Well I currently own an 02 ZR 600 cc, I like the sled, it is my 8th cat, but I think the dependability of cat sucks, but I keep going back for more. So I agree with faceman! :ph34r: rat

1 - 20 of 44 Posts