Hardcore Sledder banner

121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
I agree that no one will convert the evo. But it will remain a kids or small persons sled.

Ive riden a blast side by side with the riot. The blast looks smaller. It just does. The track is narrower. You can notice the wheels are right at the edge of the track. The ski stance is 5 inches narrower than a regular zr. The overall chassis width is 3.75 inches narrower than a regular zr. The overall length of the blast is 10 inches shorter than the regular zr. Go look at cats website and compare them.

Dont kid yourself. The blast is physically smaller than the adult size sled standard of today. While riding it. It also felt small. And the shocks for my weight felt way too soft. In fact when we rode and tested the demo sleds we had to take the blast in the shop to reattach the snowfall because it dragged so bad. While the riot held mine and everyone elses weight and didnt bottom out. I'm the average adult male. 5' 10" 240 lbs. If your a small adult the blast CAN be fore you. But its not for the average adult.

Arctic cats marketing on the blast is clearly working and really getting some people to beleive that it's the same size as the adult sleds. Even though it isnt. Go look at the specs on them if you dont beleive it.

That being said. For a teenager to almost adulthood the blast is better than the Evo. Its a great tween sled. It can do so much more than the Evo. By having full sized sled features and options.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
If the Blast is for "small" adults Cat better review what they have the kids ride in Snocross.

If it were $4k I would buy one. My 9 and 11 year old would love it. At the price Textron wants though they will just ride a full size sled this year instead. As for the Evo, for it to make sense it should be sold at the price of a snoscoot. Both are absurdly priced, but at least the Blast would work for a few years and fits a growing rider. The Evo on the other hand saps the fun right out of riding.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
dude if it was 4 k everyone would buy one of these sleds would be the pit bike of sleds. I am polaris all the way but I want one of these to play on bad. But not for 8K and preorder only

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
After seeing one I'm not sure it would have to be $4K to sell but anything $6K or under and it would sell in large volumes. As it stands it is the same price of a brand new full size, full featured sled that most will opt to put their young rider on knowing they will very quickly and easily grow into it.

121 - 125 of 125 Posts