Hardcore Sledder banner

81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Looking at the gas tanks from the Evo to the Indy 600. The gas tank on the Evo is slightly shorter than the 600. But the rear bracket is the same. And the front mounting on the gas tank for the seat is the same. It would fit. Why polaris did that beats me. Seems stupid. So that jacks up the price even more in parts and labor to get it converted to a more full sized person sled. Id rather buy an Indy 600 still and make the Evo seat work for the time being.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Looking at the gas tanks from the Evo to the Indy 600. The gas tank on the Evo is slightly shorter than the 600. But the rear bracket is the same. And the front mounting on the gas tank for the seat is the same. It would fit. Why polaris did that beats me. Seems stupid. So that jacks up the price even more in parts and labor to get it converted to a more full sized person sled. Id rather buy an Indy 600 still and make the Evo seat work for the time being.
You are missing the point of the Blast. Was never going to compete with the 600's. Not a child sled either.

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
The point of the blast is a mid size snowmobile. Also a mid size snowmobile at an entry level price point.
Not rocket science. You haters are lame af just want to hate on a company making a sled that fills a niche that didn't exist before. Just like they've done with kitty kat, 120's 200's hyper turbo sleds and more.
People here think since they aren't buying something it's a failure which means all sleds besides theirs are failures in their eyes. 7600 is not alot of money for a new anything broke dicks.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
You are missing the point of the Blast. Was never going to compete with the 600's. Not a child sled either.
Well I wouldn't spend the money on a blast for myself... And I wouldnt suggest it for an experienced rider. So my eyes id spend the money on a blast for a kid. The OP is asking about comparing it to an Evo isnt he? Which is a sled for a kid to grow into.

I never said it isnt an adult sled here. I also never said it was supposed to compete with a 600 either... I'm stating if I had to choose a sled for a kid (which the op seems to be asking) id get an Indy 600 and fit it to kid. Make it impossible for the kid to go full throttle... Some sort of throttle stop at the handlebars. And a sorter seat and risers. Instead of paying 8 grand for a blast. Or paying 4500 on an evo, pay close to a grand (I'm assuming) to turn the Evo into a normal sized persons sled. Then probably paying 4500 again to buy a 600 which the almost adult teen will rather have. Id just buy the Indy 600 once and put 600 bucks into it.

Regardless of my idea of who the blast owner is. Regardless that I think the blast is a pointless sled for an adult. Id still rather ride a blast over an Evo any day. Hell over an Indy 550. But id reccomend a 600 way more over a blast to an adult or late teen.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
So I have to ask, are you ten then? For decades new riders have been introduced to the sport on full size machines and have somehow managed. Over the years technology has advanced and these same sleds just keep getting easier and easier to ride, not harder. Electronic throttle control means mechanical stops are no longer needed to control top speed and this is not cutting edge technology it's been around for nearly a decade now yet somehow Cat feels this is not necessary on their flagship starter sled with a crazy price tag.

There is no way if I were looking at dropping 7-8K on a brand new sled for junior that I would choose a tweener sled over a modern full size sled that they could easily grow into and ride long into adulthood. Technology aside, Polaris got it right with the price point for an entry level smallish machine for beginners or smaller riders. Cat on the other hand missed the mark and decided to bring a beginner sled with a full size sled price tag.

For those of us that have already been through the process of successfully introducing our kids to the sport with machines that did the job for far less money the Blast is a sled looking for a problem to solve that never really existed in the first place.

I also gave up carbs in my sleds 27 years ago but because of that I also understand that a mid-size tweener sled without carbs is not worth anything near the premium price the blast is trying to command. If Cat decides to get real with the price it might be a success. Until that time there are far better options out there for entry level riders to have a blast on.
Don't know what my age has to do with it? I think its a good value.

Enlighten us. What is the point of the Blast?
your a troll on the cat forums, everyone knows it. Nothing could be said the change your opinion of it the sled or any other cat sled.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Be interesting to see how many blast are on the trail this winter looking like clowns riding a tricycle because they thought it was big enough. they really messed up not having them as dealer floor models could of sold so many of them.

·
Insane Madcatter
448 Posts
Enlighten us. What is the point of the Blast?
Are you new to snowmobiling?
It's a mid-size sled.
your a troll on the cat forums, everyone knows it. Nothing could be said the change your opinion of it the sled or any other cat sled.
Good o'l cockhaven can just never just 'get over it'.
But what would HCS be without a few quality trolls?
The point of the blast is a mid size snowmobile. Also a mid size snowmobile at an entry level price point.
Not rocket science. You haters are lame af just want to hate on a company making a sled that fills a niche that didn't exist before.
It's good to see options at that size, back then folks just bought 340's and smaller engine machines for kids 7-14 years old. It's nice to see Cat making the Blast and Polaris making the Evo to have a more affordable sled's for kids of that age.
I have yet to see a Blast in life yet though, looking forward to it.

Reactions: Goin' For Snow

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Be interesting to see how many blast are on the trail this winter looking like clowns riding a tricycle because they thought it was big enough. they really messed up not having them as dealer floor models could of sold so many of them.
It is the same size less the length of the tunnel as any Pro Cross sled. Has the Mountain side pods actually on the front. Most who bought one test rode one before hand so dont think there will be much talk of thinking they messed up buying one.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
After demo riding the Blast, I could only see a very small adult using this as their main sled.

And I have ridden the Blast back to back with a Procross, and in no way (other than maybe color) does the Blast seem like a scaled down Procross. I and others are not saying the Blast is a bad sled but when leftover Evos can be had for about $4,300 USD, that Blast does not seem like too much of a value.

The $8,095 Blast seems like even less of a value when compared to a brand new MXZ G4 600 twin-cylinder EFI liquid.

I've seen that bill of sale before! What my friend and I paid for our Backcountry Sports! $7400 +/-

·
Insane Madcatter
448 Posts
I've seen that bill of sale before! What my friend and I paid for our Backcountry Sports! $7400 +/-
That's completely irrelevant.
It doesn't matter what you can get a full size 600 for, the buyer is NOT looking for a full size.
Just because the machine is smaller, or made for a different market, doesn't mean it should be dirt cheap.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
It is relevant, as buyers on the fence (not ALL customers) of whether to buy a new 3/4 size Blast or a full size sled (for less money) will now probably lean towards the 85 HP new G4.

At $8,095 and pre-order only, I don't see Cat selling many Blasts. That's too bad, because at $5,999 they probably could have sold as many as they could produce.

We had a Z370 years ago (great sled for the $$$) and I think dealers were selling those at like $3,700 and they were selling well at that price.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
It is relevant, as buyers on the fence (not ALL customers) of whether to buy a new 3/4 size Blast or a full size sled (for less money) will now probably lean towards the 85 HP new G4.

At $8,095 and pre-order only, I don't see Cat selling many Blasts. That's too bad, because at $5,999 they probably could have sold as many as they could produce.

We had a Z370 years ago (great sled for the $$$) and I think dealers were selling those at like $3,700 and they were selling well at that price.
Well it is not a loss leader like the Evo is. It is probably more sled than most people need and at a price $7499 that is affordable and unlike the Doo, it wont break going across the parking lot.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
It doesn't matter what you can get a full size 600 for, the buyer is NOT looking for a full size.
Just because the machine is smaller, or made for a different market, doesn't mean it should be dirt cheap.
Ok. I'll let Dom (the OP) check it out this Winter since his camp is up the road from me.

·
Insane Madcatter
448 Posts
There is no 'or', certain customers don't want a full size sled.
The full size sled costing the same is irrelevant.
I do however agree it [Blast] should be about $1000 or so cheaper.

·
Administrator
21,255 Posts
Reminder this is a brand specific forum, so don't let this get off the tracks guys .... so far it's been alright, but it's teetering on derailing. Thanks

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I am talking chassis strength.
Since 2005, I have owned 6 Ski-Doos put over 6,000 miles on each with ZERO chassis problems.

At my seasonal rental, there are 20 guys, and years ago it was an even mix of all brands (Cat, Polaris, Ski-Doo, and Yamaha). And now there are 19 Ski-Doo owners and 1 Arctic Cat owner (which belongs to the guy who is a retired Arctic Cat employee). Anyway, of the 19 guys who have owned multiple Revs, XP/XS, and G4 models no one has really had an issue except one guy with a 2004 REV Renegade with over 14,000 HARD miles on the sled, one of the front skid chassis mounting holes was out of round which was easily fixed. He went onto replace that sled with a Ski-Doo XP and later a Ski-Doo XS.

But no, no, you are right, Arctic Cat's superior design, engineering, and quality have led them to the coveted # 3 market position and nearly zero inventory available to non-Spring order customers. Their strategy is far superior to Ski-Doo's .... what was Ski-Doo thinking with their total lack of innovation and quality that led to terrible sales and market share.

81 - 100 of 125 Posts