Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ridden both the reason i ask is my 8 yr old daughter did almost 1100 miles on a polaris evo this year . my son is next and we were thinking getting a blast/ or venom just worried it will be to big for him as far as throttle and steering wise .. we know the evo works at this age perfect .. just curious if any one has ridden both and there thoughts..

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Has anyone ridden both the reason i ask is my 8 yr old daughter did almost 1100 miles on a polaris evo this year . my son is next and we were thinking getting a blast/ or venom just worried it will be to big for him as far as throttle and steering wise .. we know the evo works at this age perfect .. just curious if any one has ridden both and there thoughts..
Alot more power than the Evo. More adult height seat as well. Could always put a throttle block on it. Cool sled over all. I would get the Blast as it will be a better sled in the long run being it is more powerful and will allow some growing into. The Evo is a nice sled but the seating is not going to wear well with a growing kid.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
I'd rather have the Blast...but wouldn't pay more than $5k for one, nor would I ever buy a first year new motor and chassis in particular after watching the Textron bean counters make things even more slim.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Local dealers here are selling new, leftover Evos for about $4,300 USD. And the Evo can be upgraded to perform similar to the Blast, but the Evo upgrade kit is not cheap or easy to install, but it would still be substantially cheaper than a Blast or Venom.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Local dealers here are selling new, leftover Evos for about $4,300 USD. (If they are selling that cheap they are losing money) And the Evo can be upgraded to perform similar to the Blast, but the Evo upgrade kit is not cheap or easy to install, but it would still be substantially cheaper than a Blast or Venom.
What does the Evo cost new? Over 5 I am guessing. It is a loss leader for Polaris btw. The Blast could have been had for under 8 grand. Has big boy seating and has 65 plus horsepower. The kit to upgrade the Evo to big boy sled is over 1500 bucks, then toss in labor and you need to upgrade the seat as well it sounds so now you are at about what you could have bougtht the Blast for. You are gaining Liquid cooling, Exhaust valves and EFI. To me this makes it sound very reasonable compared to the Evo. Fan cooled and carbed. No EXhaust valves.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
What does the Evo cost new? Over 5 I am guessing. It is a loss leader for Polaris btw. The Blast could have been had for under 8 grand.
The 2021 Indy Evo has a MSRP of $5,999.

But the consumer cares more about actual purchase price than the MSRP. And when you can almost buy TWO brand new, left over Indy Evos for the price of ONE (pre-order only) Blast than I imagine that will hurt Blast sales.

I rode the Blast and liked it, but my guess is at $8,000 USD that Cat did not receive a ton of orders for new Blasts.

Reactions: dskofich

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
The blast also has electric start, reverse, and a safety tether, all standard equipment. It will have much better resale over an indy Evo. A blast could be the last sled you need to buy for your kids as even full size adults comfortably can ride them and have fun. But if you haven't ordered one by now, you missed the order cut off and will have to try to find a dealer demo or a dealer who has a customer back out in the fall.

·
Administrator
21,269 Posts
Enough of the BS ... thread cleaned up. Keep it ON TOPIC in this BRAND SPECIFIC forum

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
please let me know the name of dealers i can call to buy a evo for 4,399 cause i cant find that price anywhere ill take 2 if thats the case ..thank you

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Alot more power than the Evo. More adult height seat as well. Could always put a throttle block on it. Cool sled over all. I would get the Blast as it will be a better sled in the long run being it is more powerful and will allow some growing into. The Evo is a nice sled but the seating is not going to wear well with a growing kid.
Alot more power?

Evo is way cheaper and with speed kit will have every bit as much power.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Alot more power?

Evo is way cheaper and with speed kit will have every bit as much power.
Stock to stock Awful. Stock to stock. Poo states the Evo at 50 hp. Cats states the Blast at 65+! Speed kit, suspension upgrade seat upgrade and labor and I will guess they are within a few hundred bucks of each other but the Blast still has EFI, Power valve Exhaust, electronic oil pump, Electric Start as someone else stated and Reverse and tether. They really are not comparable. The Evo is a nice sled but when you compare apples to apples, they are not in the same class. Evo was designed as a kids sled. The Blast was not. Facts are facts. Have a good one and stay safe.:bc:

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
please let me know the name of dealers i can call to buy a evo for 4,399 cause i cant find that price anywhere ill take 2 if thats the case ..thank you
https://www.filerspowersports.com/

They currently have 2019 Evos on their website listed at 2019 MSRP of $5,699. However, I was in their shop in March and they were asking either $4,299 or $4,399 for left over Evos.

Again, I not blasting the Blast. I rode one and it was a nice sled. I just think when comparing the pricing of the Blast to the competition and the competitions' leftover pricing that the they will have a hard time selling them to the price conscience consumers.

Reactions: dskofich

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
The blast also has electric start, reverse, and a safety tether, all standard equipment. It will have much better resale over an indy Evo. A blast could be the last sled you need to buy for your kids as even full size adults comfortably can ride them and have fun. But if you haven't ordered one by now, you missed the order cut off and will have to try to find a dealer demo or a dealer who has a customer back out in the fall.
The EVO has standard electric start, reverse and tether

·
Administrator
21,269 Posts
Stock to stock Awful. Stock to stock. Poo states the Evo at 50 hp. Cats states the Blast at 65+! Speed kit, suspension upgrade seat upgrade and labor and I will guess they are within a few hundred bucks of each other but the Blast still has EFI, Power valve Exhaust, electronic oil pump, Electric Start as someone else stated and Reverse and tether. They really are not comparable. The Evo is a nice sled but when you compare apples to apples, they are not in the same class. Evo was designed as a kids sled. The Blast was not. Facts are facts. Have a good one and stay safe.:bc:
Well, not to get into a pissing contest but those are NOT the facts :roflmao: The Evo was introduced as a smaller, more easily controlled sled, for new riders. The Blast was argued to be the same thing when people called it out as a kids sled. Seems kind of ironic how Cat came out with the 200, Polaris came out with the Evo, and then Cat came out with the Blast ... don't ya think :dunno:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Well, not to get into a pissing contest but those are NOT the facts :roflmao: The Evo was introduced as a smaller, more easily controlled sled, for new riders. The Blast was argued to be the same thing when people called it out as a kids sled. Seems kind of ironic how Cat came out with the 200, Polaris came out with the Evo, and then Cat came out with the Blast ... don't ya think :dunno:
Look at the seat height. Does that look like a kid's seat? This is the first in my opinion mid sized (7/8th) sled. Does not matter anymore as the sales period is over. Now will wait for the results. If they are selling Evo's a 43-4400 bucks, that is not going to do it any good resale wise. To upgrade it to a more adult sized sled will add close to 2 grand if not more if a dealer is doing the updates as well. No EFI, fan cooled as well. If I were buying in the future, it would be the blast / Venom. :bc:

·
Premium Member
4,535 Posts
Look at the seat height. Does that look like a kid's seat? This is the first in my opinion mid sized (7/8th) sled. Does not matter anymore as the sales period is over. Now will wait for the results. If they are selling Evo's a 43-4400 bucks, that is not going to do it any good resale wise. To upgrade it to a more adult sized sled will add close to 2 grand if not more if a dealer is doing the updates as well. No EFI, fan cooled as well. If I were buying in the future, it would be the blast / Venom. :bc:
I doubt many if any get converted, The pricing on the EVO's now will very close to what they'll sell for used, and I expect the Blast to drop to very close in pricing used, Going old school, kind of like comparing the indy lite to a similar year puma.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Ok
Stock vs stock

A 50 hp 550 twin should be darn reliable.

A 65 hp 400 single should be less so. Unproven engine.

Evo is way cheaper! Way!!

Power valves = maintenance.

Efi is nice

Liquid cooling is nice too, but if a novice is running it I'd want a fanner.

They shouldn't be in the same class. Blast is priced way too high, not much less than a new skidoo 600.

If they were $6000 they'd sell quite a few.

$8000? Not so much!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Ok
Stock vs stock

A 50 hp 550 twin should be darn reliable.

Not so much anymore in the land of EPA. They run these engines very lean and fanners are not great at holding up well like that.

A 65 hp 400 single should be less so. Unproven engine.

Based off of a proven engine. Way lower RPM.

Evo is way cheaper! Way!!

Not when you look at keeping it past your twelve year old or updating.

Power valves = maintenance.

Cats power valves do not require much if any maintenance. Have never had any of my Ctechs off and have never stuck.

Efi is nice

Liquid cooling is nice too, but if a novice is running it I'd want a fanner.

Only if all I did was run to my fish house. Pretty sure this is the last fan cooled motor out there. At least it is made in Japan. Not a true Poo engine.

They shouldn't be in the same class. Blast is priced way too high, not much less than a new skidoo 600.

They are not in the same class. Evo is a kids sled. The doo is closer but it is a doo and in all respect do not know of any doo owners.

If they were $6000 they'd sell quite a few.

$8000? Not so much!

Well they sold quite a few from my calls out to my dealer friends. BTW, like $7600 to be totally honest. does not matter as you are preaching about something that no longer matters. They are done selling them.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts