Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cleaned my valves and cant remember which way the slide mechanism goes back into the engine housing. does the contored bottom part of valve point toward piston or away from? i dont even know if anyone can make out exactly what im trying to say.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, I have a few questions about the ARV valves and the photos and instructions in the performance manual. Even though it says flat side down, it shows flat side up in Fig. 3-260.

Also take a look at the servo motor in Fig. 3-246, 3-247, and 3-248. Look carefully and you will see Figs 3-247 and 3-248 REVERSED. They are BACKWARDS! Anyone else see that???

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
The beveled edge toward exhaust y pipe-another words with your exhaust pipe off,look down your y pipe-the beveled edge is designed to fit your exhaust port-with cables hooked up pull on them you will notice exhaust valves pull all the way out of port-if you had them backwards and pulled on cables,you would still be able to see exhaust valve because the flat side is longer and would not clear the port-put them in either way-you will see what i mean after pulling on cables-you want the exhaust valve to clear the port completely-scott

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Fig. 3-260 shows the beveled side up. The flat side (bottom) is complety flat.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Also take a look at the servo motor in Fig. 3-246, 3-247, and 3-248. Look carefully and you will see Figs 3-247 and 3-248 REVERSED. They are BACKWARDS! Anyone else see that???[/b]
Fig. 3-247 & 3-248 must be for the people South of the Equater where things spin backwards. LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by VFRcanada@Jan 29 2003, 07:33 PM
Fig. 3-260 shows the beveled side up. The flat side (bottom) is complety flat.
are you sure? It looks like the flat side is up from the picture.. also Bee1971 said the beveled side should be toward the Y-pipe, which would be down in Fig 3-260

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I cleaned mine after 500miles. Didn't really need it though. I think mine went back in the right way because it is still working just fine

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Ryan001-they can go in either way-but if you put them in backwards the exhaust valve will not clear the port fully when opened-this will effect performance alot-especially in high rpms or top end because the exhaust port wont be fully open or exposed-scott

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by VFRcanada@Jan 29 2003, 07:51 PM
I'm wrong for the first time this year. Flat side is up.
thanks for checking, because I was getting scared that I put mine in wrong..

But you know, it's THE PERFORMANCE MANUAL that's wrong! It clearly says in Fig 3-260 that the flat side should be down. I think there are other mistakes in that chapter.

Now, are the cable lengths given in that chapter wrong also?????

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
But you know, it's THE PERFORMANCE MANUAL that's wrong! It clearly says in Fig 3-260 that the flat side should be down. I think there are other mistakes in that chapter.[/b]
Yea but I should know better than to just blindly follow what manuals say.

Now, are the cable lengths given in that chapter wrong also?????[/b]
The operators manual has the same specs and mine was right on.

how do i adjust my APV valves?[/b]
Read the operators manual that came with the sled.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Rob i just pulled my manual out-fig.3-260 note the flat side of the valve plate must be down-the valve plate not the flat side of exhaust valve-two different things or parts-go to figure 3-256 - c. valve plate- a. exhaust valve-remember the plate with dowel pins-can only be installed one way-scott frye

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by bee1971@Jan 29 2003, 08:32 PM
Rob i just pulled my manual out-fig.3-260 note the flat side of the valve plate must be down-the valve plate not the flat side of exhaust valve-two different things or parts-go to figure 3-256 - c. valve plate- a. exhaust valve-remember the plate with dowel pins-can only be installed one way-scott frye
Got'cha! B)

You are correct, thanks very much for clearing that up! I missed that completely!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts