Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am assuming when you bore out an 800 twin into a 900 you have to put a spacer in to move the valves out of the cylinder a proportionate amount. Is this true and does anyone sell them?

Can anyone tell me if the thottle bodies on an 800efi's are the same size as the 900efi's? Since Cat has all the parts available, there should be a way to upgrade an 800efi to a 900efi. To sell my 02 and get a new one, I figure its at least 5K Canadian and that will pay for a lot of parts. Also, my 02 looks better than a new one.

Anyone running a Countryside EFI Big bore kit?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Countyside machine the valves to accomodate the increased piston diameter.
Other's such as Jarvis use spacers. You may be able to buy them separately.
Beware of assuming a parts conversion cheaper than trading. Go to Browns Leisure Parts Microfishe and start pricing the parts. If you include everything which differs between the models, bought new, you could well be close to CA$5000.00. Don't forget, the CDI, EFI box, Pipe, etc when you're tallying it all up. They all differ and these are just the tip of the iceburg. Of course, some parts may be available on the used market if you can take the time to scrounge them up.
Also, the '02.5 vrs the '03 ZR900 have different CDI's, APV cables and APV Servomotors as upgrades. Converting to the '02.5 ZR900 spec would be more ecomonical.

http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/Parts/SN...2003/2003ZR900/

Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts