Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing preventative maintenance on my 2001 600ZR APV valves and can not get one of them out. I am going to try Carb cleaner etc. any other ideas in lieu of pulling the head??

Also, how do I double check to be sure I put them in correctly after I am done cleaning them? most of you will know that I have the round APV valves with two ( 2) pieces. does the longer part of the valve go in toward the bottom of the cylinder? I just want to be sure they are installed correctly.

any body have pictures you can forward to me via e-mail?

thank you for your help.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Originally posted by tthunts@Jan 29 2003, 02:28 PM
I am doing preventative maintenance on my 2001 600ZR APV valves and can not get one of them out. I am going to try Carb cleaner etc. any other ideas in lieu of pulling the head??

Also, how do I double check to be sure I put them in correctly after I am done cleaning them? most of you will know that I have the round APV valves with two ( 2) pieces. does the longer part of the valve go in toward the bottom of the cylinder? I just want to be sure they are installed correctly.

any body have pictures you can forward to me via e-mail?

thank you for your help.
heres the pics for a 600 from browns fiches...carb cleaner and wiggle freely will usually work..make sure you wipe out the inner cavities good when youre all done...steve

·
Registered
636 Posts
i'm a little leary of spraying a lot of carb or brake cleaner around the cylinder. i dont think getting that in the cylinder would be good it will wash the oil off the cylinder/piston. if you need to i would put a couple of teasons on oil down the cylinder after your done. ive heard people warming the engines up then trying to pull them helps some.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Definately let the motor run and get it up to temp they will come out much easier.A bud put his in upsidedown and ruined a valve and piston.Do one at a time so you have a refarance.4 valves on that set-up 90 bucks a piece not pair, expencive mistake.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for all of your advice. I have a challenge going on with the valves as we speak. I can not get the right power valves out. A buddy is going to help me pull the jugs early next week, so I can push the valves out from the bottom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts