Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week on a railroad grade with temps high 30s to 40 degrees my sled initially pulled hard to 7300 rpm. At about 103mph the rpm began to drop slowly 7200, 7100, 6900, and then to 6700 before I let off the gas. Motor was running smooth but when I hit it again the valves didn't open. No code flashed but there was no change in exhaust note nor the increased pull when they open and revs were stuck around 6700-6900, sled barely hit 90. Rode slow for another 5 or 6 miles and hit it again. This time the valves opened normally and acceleration was normal. Got home and cleaned valves but they weren't bad, before removing them I pulled the cables and they worked normally. Has anyone else experienced this without a code flashing? I'm going out to the garage to check the wiring for any abrasions. I saw a couple posts where there were some shorting issues but don't know if any codes flashed. Sled's an 07 F1000 with y-pipe and bullseyes.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Last week on a railroad grade with temps high 30s to 40 degrees my sled initially pulled hard to 7300 rpm. At about 103mph the rpm began to drop slowly 7200, 7100, 6900, and then to 6700 before I let off the gas. Motor was running smooth but when I hit it again the valves didn't open. No code flashed but there was no change in exhaust note nor the increased pull when they open and revs were stuck around 6700-6900, sled barely hit 90. Rode slow for another 5 or 6 miles and hit it again. This time the valves opened normally and acceleration was normal. Got home and cleaned valves but they weren't bad, before removing them I pulled the cables and they worked normally. Has anyone else experienced this without a code flashing? I'm going out to the garage to check the wiring for any abrasions. I saw a couple posts where there were some shorting issues but don't know if any codes flashed. Sled's an 07 F1000 with y-pipe and bullseyes.[/b]
My 07' just started flashing code 18. sevo error. I am running y pipe, single pipe, can, bullseyes and boondocker. have not takken it in yet. will keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
My 07' just started flashing code 18. sevo error. I am running y pipe, single pipe, can, bullseyes and boondocker. have not takken it in yet. will keep you posted.[/b]
how many miles does yours have, maybe a wear dated item, mine started at 3400 miles and now i have 4081 and it only did it 3 times.
Mine does the same thing once in awhile.
Does yours go in to safe mode?
If so, shut the sled off and open the side cover and reach in and turn the servo motor by hand back and forth and turn to where the cables are Tight with no slack and restart the sled and i bet that it is fine for who knows how long.
I put the new up date on the ccu deal and it still did it again in 400 miles.
I have a new servo motor and i'm going to change it if it does it again.
It seams to only do it if i go slow with out opening the valves enough and shut it off and restart it and it throws the 1-8 codes and goes into safe mode.
Then i do what i said by turning the servo.
It all comes down to the servo is bad i would say.
Frank

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
i was having the same problem and it was being caused by belt residue...i'm not kidding...i went up in there and had belt and dust gunked up on the servo preventing it from doing its job...take your clutch guard off so you can get a better view and hit it with a flash light...it does not take much to trigger the code...that fuzzy belt crap will cause the code...i did not believe it at first but this has happened 5-6 times now...every time i clean it then i'm good....still yet to get the code and not pull out belt fuzz...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Why is it that the F's do not use a servo cover??
Is there NOT enough room.
My CF 1000 has one.

·
Registered
2018 Thundercat
820 Posts
Last week on a railroad grade with temps high 30s to 40 degrees my sled initially pulled hard to 7300 rpm. At about 103mph the rpm began to drop slowly 7200, 7100, 6900, and then to 6700 before I let off the gas. Motor was running smooth but when I hit it again the valves didn't open. No code flashed but there was no change in exhaust note nor the increased pull when they open and revs were stuck around 6700-6900, sled barely hit 90. Rode slow for another 5 or 6 miles and hit it again. This time the valves opened normally and acceleration was normal. Got home and cleaned valves but they weren't bad, before removing them I pulled the cables and they worked normally. Has anyone else experienced this without a code flashing? I'm going out to the garage to check the wiring for any abrasions. I saw a couple posts where there were some shorting issues but don't know if any codes flashed. Sled's an 07 F1000 with y-pipe and bullseyes.[/b]
May want to have your pv cables tightened, mine had stretched quite a bit and acted like your description above, big difference after tightening them, rode yesterday and they now open at 6500 rpm which makes the trail riding that much more fun.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got home, pulled the cables off the servo and worked the valves by hand, they were fine. I pulled them and gave them a good cleaning anyway. Cables measured just a whisker under 35mm.

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
I will tell you guys that if you take off the servo motor and look where the little tube/ nipple is on the case of the sero motor, thats the vent to the inside where the real stuff is and it gets belt dust in there and makes it work like carp now and again and it will throw the code and go into safe mode.
If you just turn the motor back and forth a bit and take up the slack when done turning it back and forth, it will take it out of safe mode and will be fine for awhile.
You need to put a vent hose on that nipple and run it away from where dust can get in there.
I'll take pictures when i pull mine apart again.
Frank

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Frank, I'll take a good look at mine when I get home.

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts

I think I am experiencing something similar. I am not sure if my RPM's are dropping cause I was limited on my distance to run WFO, but I did notice that upon acceleration I could hear the valves open up and then a second or two later I could hear the pitch of the motor change like the valves closed. Never ever had a servo issue on my previous cats.

F&F

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
I think I am experiencing something similar. I am not sure if my RPM's are dropping cause I was limited on my distance to run WFO, but I did notice that upon acceleration I could hear the valves open up and then a second or two later I could hear the pitch of the motor change like the valves closed. Never ever had a servo issue on my previous cats.

F&F[/b]
did you shut it off and try it again? if they are not working, you will now because the sled will not like it over 6500 rpm's and if they don't open it will throw a 1-8 code.
Frank

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts
did you shut it off and try it again? if they are not working, you will now because the sled will not like it over 6500 rpm's and if they don't open it will throw a 1-8 code.
Frank[/b]
I need to edit my reply above, I did some testing this afternoon. My pv's are opening and staying open, what I am hearing is the RPM's dropping after initial shift out. I stab the throttle and it will jump to 8150ish and then stay for a second or so, then drop to 7000 and slowly climb.
F&F

1 - 12 of 12 Posts