Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that the APV have a self cleaning/diagnose mode that cycles each time you start the engine. I have started mine without the servo-motor cover on and I have yet to see the servo actually move and I'm wondering how/when the sytem actually does this...?? Have any of you seen the servo motor move when you start your machine? Thanks.
-John

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by schifty@Jan 27 2003, 09:33 PM
had the same experience. rev it to 7000rpms with the track safely lifted and they should open. worked for me
schifty,

When the servo motor does turn, it turns clockwise(while looking at it from the front of the sled).... correct??

Also, I wonder if it has a starting point.... in other words, when you un-hook the cables to check the cable length and then re-hook them to the servo spool, is there any pre-determined point where the actuator spool should be set to?

Thanks.
-John

·
Registered
298 Posts
yes turns clockwise. i think it resets when you start but i'm learning as i go. question for you, did you just pull the wire off the servo and measure the exposed part?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by schifty@Jan 27 2003, 09:53 PM
question for you, did you just pull the wire off the servo and measure the exposed part?
schifty,

Yes, that's correct. Measure the exposed cable but you have to have the cable pulled out(full open mode) while you are measuring.
-John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by JLeosnow@Jan 27 2003, 11:17 PM
Yes, that's correct. Measure the exposed cable but you have to have the cable pulled out(full open mode) while you are measuring.
-John
???????????????????????
John, they are supposed to be seated when measuring. Maybe that's why yours were the only ones too long...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by schifty@Jan 27 2003, 11:23 PM
rob,
could you give us a quick leason?
I'll scan the page from the performance manual in the morning.. sacking out now :ph34r:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by rob+Jan 27 2003, 10:21 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-JLeosnow
@Jan 27 2003, 11:17 PM
Yes, that's correct.  Measure the exposed cable but you have to have the cable pulled out(full open mode) while you are measuring.
-John
???????????????????????
John, they are supposed to be seated when measuring. Maybe that's why yours were the only ones too long...[/b]
Rob,

So you are saying that the cables are supposed to be left hooked into the servo actuator and just pull down on the cable housing when measuring?? Thanks.
-John

·
Registered
4 Posts
No. But the valves are closed when measuring. I posted the whole thing from the performance manual in a different post.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
When you start it-you must tap the throttle-another words just starting and letting idle will do nothing!!!!now tap the throttle and watch the servo motor cycle once only!!!!!!!If you want it to cycle again must shut sled down,restart and tap the throttle-self clean at low rpms and basically watch the cables to see if their hanging up-scott

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Someone told me this works on the f5s only?????????f7s use a different system-i havent worked on a f7 though i thought they would be the same-fill me in if the f7s have the low rpm self clean mode-would like to know for sure-scott

·
Registered
798 Posts
Originally posted by bee1971@Jan 28 2003, 02:32 PM
When you start it-you must tap the throttle-another words just starting and letting idle will do nothing!!!!now tap the throttle and watch the servo motor cycle once only!!!!!!!If you want it to cycle again must shut sled down,restart and tap the throttle-self clean at low rpms and basically watch the cables to see if their hanging up-scott
Mine will cycle THREE times and I have to tap the throttle to get it to start the cycles but my F5 cycles three times If I shut it down and restart it and tap the throttle it will cycle three times again.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by rob@Jan 27 2003, 10:21 PM
???????????????????????
John, they are supposed to be seated when measuring. Maybe that's why yours were the only ones too long...
Rob,

Thanks for the correction. Yes, you were correct as to why mine were the only ones that were too long.... ;) I got it all straight now, and they were a tad too short when measured correctly....

As far as the valves cycling(on my F7 anyways), they dont. I did verify that the servo motor works by letting the sled warm up and then going pretty deep into the RPM's on the stand and then the actuator would quickly open and close when I let off the throttle. So, I think I have to agree with bee1971 on the cycling of the APV's..... F5's do cycle at start-up and the F7's dont.
-John

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
I have two f5s in the garage and they both cycle only once-three times i dont understand,why would they be different on the same sleds?????????

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
I scanned this out of the performance manual. I'm just guessing but maybe it's cycling the two extra times since the RPMs aren't high enough yet for proper voltages????? Am I out to lunch here???

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
You are the man-damn i learned something-why didnt i see that in manual-sounds like mine is working right and if yours or catsazz is cycling three times you have a problem-thanx scott

·
Registered
798 Posts
I guess I had better give my dealer a call :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts