Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw somewhere in the site that the servo will move at startup so that the valves will clean, i took the cover off the servo today for the hell of it to watch and see, but the wheel that the cables were in on the servo didn't move at all on start-up, i haven't put it in a stand to check higher rpm's and see if it moves, but is there any others that can back up the fact that it is supposed to have a cleaning cycle or something on startup??

thanks

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Yes ,the servo motor does cycle on start up

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
I checked my F7 yesterday. Had the neighbor start it so I could watch the servo and it never moved. When reved to about 7000 RPM's it did turn though. Going to ask my dealer about it tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay, so what r we saying here, that the efi f7 will or will not have a self-cleaning mode??

hopefully we can get a straight answer here, i was planning a trip that will take 6 hours to drive, and i'm not going anywhere if my valves are not working corectly. thanks

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
I'm just reading page 13 in the owner's manual and it says "The system consist of an exhaust valve assembly mounted to the exhaust side of each cylinder and an electronic servo mounted to the front of the air-intake silencer." Well it's actually mounted to a bracket on the oil resevoir. Last year it was mounted on the front of the air-intake silencer. And the pictures on page 14 are from last years sled too. Looks like AC just copied this whole section from lasts years book. I'm wondering if the specs (36.1-38.1mm) are even right.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so we still don't have an answer??

can anyone else shed some light on the subject??

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
F5s cycle once on startup-valves open at 7250rpms when riding

F7s dont cycle on startup-valves open at 7100rpms when riding-f7 owners tell me that their valves dont cycle on startup-was disscussed about a month ago-scott

F5s sometimes you have to tap the throttle after startup to get them to cycle for self clean-once only-and to get them to cycle again have to shut sled down and restart-you get the picture

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya, i was looking back at the posts last night and had my question answered, thanks though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts