Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had trouble with my APV cables the other day ( 5 degrees and wind chill -25 to -30) I'm thinking the cables were frozen because after letting the sled warm up approx. 20 min. I shut it down and restarted and the cables made the centering swipe successfully!! Oil underneath the servo I'm thinking it came out of the cables but who am I to think that!! I just returned from the dealer and they said that they NEVER heard of the cables freezing or why the cables would have oil coming out of them!!! They told me the cables were out of adjustment which they also told me 2 weeks ago. Then I asked what the rate of occurence was for that happening with no positive response. Love my sled but these responses are telling me that some of these dealers don't have a clue. So I'm headed north tomorrow with temps expected to be -9 to -15 FRi. morning so we'll see then!!!! :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :D . Am I way off base in thinking they were frozen or why would they tell me to let the sled warm up which I always do anyhow and then telling me they have never heard of they APV cables freezing!!!! :ph34r:

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Just picked up both my f5s-Had new cables installed on both-Go to brownsleisureworld.com and click on arctic cat microfische-Go to the apv cables on both the f7 and f5-Same part number,but look at the valve plate-The f7 has seals built into the plate-The f5s do not have this seal-Even though i got new cables probably wont help much-Gls and cat are working on some type of valve seal for the 04 f5s-I was told by cat and my dealer that these new cables had the seal-Well they where wrong as cables are same part number

My dealer tried blaming it on me running amsoil-Says the f5s that are running cats apv are not having this problem-I told them to visit this website-I didnt want to be an ass about it,but what does it matter what kind of oil your running if theres not a seal to prevent it from getting into cables-Ask how many f7s are running amsoil and if there valves are sticking and getting oil in the cables-Its not the valves sticking on the f5s,its the damn cables!!!Take off those black plastic looms that go around the apv cables,you know the corragated plastic that came on the f5s when you bought them-Ride them for a 100 miles and you will see oil all over under the servo motor,all over the cables etc.-And i pointed out to the dealer while running cats apv that came in the sled when new-both sleds,cables slacked up in munising -20 and fell off,oil coming out cables-Ive had good luck with amsoil on my zr500apvs,but they where running vent tubes to get rid of that oily residue from exhaust-Firecats run a different system-I cant do anything until gls and cat figure something out-But i will say this-Maybe the outdoor shop knows???Why didnt cat put sealed valve plates on f5s????Why on f6s and f7s only????-Scott-By the way thanx to the guys on this board pointing out the microfische on that website-Sure is nice being able to look at the parts!!!!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got back from northern Maine and the same problem occurred again so if I talk to my dealer again he'll probably tell me I need my head examined but it did happen!!! I went to the AC dealer in Greenville Maine (Big Lake Equipment) and he told me I should tell my dealer that I need new cables!!!
I'd like to get them just to see if that will cure the problem. Did this cure your problem bee1971 or are you still having the same thing happen? :ph34r: :D :ph34r: :D :blink:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I just got my sled back from the dealer and they finally gave me some new cables!!! I haven't had a chance to run it yet but don't expect the problem will occur right off as it will take a few miles for the oil to work back up the cables!! I'm with bee1971 on this one I don't think the cables are the root of this problem. The seal that is missing on the 5's is the culprit and until that is fixed we will have this problem!! :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :ph34r:

·
Registered
20 Posts
All 800's freeze also .I live n Sask. Canada, iol freezes in all cables up here ,new or old cables,I bought a cable lube- a- cator and spray brake cleaner down the cables till it runs clear once a month. Helps but not the answer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hey guys i had the same problem so i took my sled to my dealer and they said the cables were comming off because the valves were dirty. They cleaned my valves and i haven't had a problem yet.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Can anyone give me a step by step of how to clean my power valves as I am not too mechanically inclined!!! :D :ph34r:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts