Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone give some info on how to adjust them on the f7, or at least make sure they are set right. thanx

·
Administrator
20,855 Posts
I think this has been discussed, so you might want to try and do a search. If you can't find it, then I guess I'll try my best to explain this one.

First, take your pipe off the sled to give you some room to work. Next, loosen the two hex screws on your servo motor so you can remove the cover. Once the cover is off, you can turn the servo motor counter-clockwise (if you're looking at the sled from the front) to get some slack on the cables. Remove the cables from the motor, and pull the clip from the bottom so you can actually get the cables out.

Then it's a matter of measuring and making the adjustment to the cables. What I found was ... my cables were identical in length, but they were short of spec (about 35 mm). Just loosen the jam nut and then wrench the adjustment nut to get the length in the proper range (I think it was 36-38 mm). I got mine at 37mm.

It helps to have another person if you can, but it can definitely be done by yourself. Just make sure that the cables are identical in length ... that's the key. Once you get the adjustments made, just reverse the steps up above to get the cables back in the motor, etc.

Hope that helps? :huh:
Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts