Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the long list of things I have found wrong via the dealer the latest was thanks to Dana (F5 Snopro) when he and I did a compression test this past week and found nothing wrong...so we kept looking and he noticed that my APV cables were routed in a way that caused them to be severely bent in a 90 degree manner in two spots...I confirmed this was the wrong path when Switta was kind enough to post a pic of his F7 and sure enough his APV cables were smoothly run under the large coolant hose...

I went to my dealer today who immediately ordered a new set of APV cables...

I am trying to keep a good relationship with these guys...

My question is what exactly will I be losing for HP or anything with the APV cables all kinked up? I just changed the plugs and they looked a little gummy...would this have to do with the APV cables? Am I going to regain my lost Zip on the mid to top end when these are fixed?

I started this investigation after I simply got my ass pounded my two of my friend's ZR 800 EFI's after I would smoke them for about 150 ft or so and then they would flip me off as they went right on by...that sucked...I am hoping this APV cable nightmare will fix that...what do you guys think?

BTW...this was the result of when their mechanic put my motor back together after they incorrectly burped it and it blew 4 miles into riding way back when...

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I'm thinking that your problem should be solved-my buddy has a '03 ZR 800 and at no time can he drive by me and flip me off. ^_^

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
If there kinked up and the cables where sticking in that spot-of course you would lose performance-if the cables stuck or kinked with exhaust valves in the fully open position you would lose bottom end-if they stuck in the closed position you would lose top end speed and performance-did you notice cables coming off servo motor or slacking up-but yes kinked cables are a problem-now get your new ones and make sure exhaust valves are moving freely in cylinders(might be stuck in open or closed position because they never moved and carboned up do to the fact cables kinked)anyways double check and go kick some ass

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
bosssho-when we race from a dead stop we run even for about 60 ft and then the F7 pulls away-wins by about 4 sled lengths in 500 ft. When we race from a rolling start-say about 50 mph-I just walk away. We haven't held them wide open for miles but so far- every time we have raced the F7 wins. I wouldn't say I am killing him but I am beating him with no problem. We are both stock-I have 153 megabytes and he has 192 megabytes.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by bee1971@Feb 2 2003, 10:15 AM
If there kinked up and the cables where sticking in that spot-of course you would lose performance-if the cables stuck or kinked with exhaust valves in the fully open position you would lose bottom end-if they stuck in the closed position you would lose top end speed and performance-did you notice cables coming off servo motor or slacking up-but yes kinked cables are a problem-now get your new ones and make sure exhaust valves are moving freely in cylinders(might be stuck in open or closed position because they never moved and carboned up do to the fact cables kinked)anyways double check and go kick some ass
Bee...

Very good advice...My servo motor end of the cables is fine. I took my pipe off on Saturday and cleanded the piss out of everything and took the servo cover off and both cables were perfectly seated on the passenger side of the motor like they should be.

As for the exhaust valves and all of that...since I am not a mechanic and the dealer is going to be doing all of this...what do I need to tell them step by step (to take all the excuses away) to check so as to ensure all valves are opening and closing ok and that they are all clean and not gunked up with sh*t...

My plugs were a bit gunked up...I have no loss of bottom end, but my mid and top end are severely lacking right now...

Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by F7Hooligan@Feb 2 2003, 02:38 PM
bosssho-when we race from a dead stop we run even for about 60 ft and then the F7 pulls away-wins by about 4 sled lengths in 500 ft. When we race from a rolling start-say about 50 mph-I just walk away. We haven't held them wide open for miles but so far- every time we have raced the F7 wins. I wouldn't say I am killing him but I am beating him with no problem. We are both stock-I have 153 megabytes and he has 192 megabytes.
God damned Flood control...lol...it took me 10 trys to get this reply in...

Thanks for the details...now I at least know what shoud be happening...my sled rips my buddies for the first part of the race and then I just fade out like a 90 year old with asthma....lol... :huh:

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Well to reattach the new cables they basically will have everthing already apart-so tell them to clean and check your valves-and when there done just leave your servo motor cover off and on every startup of sled you will be able to see your servo motor cycle once for self clean mode and this is a good way to keep an eye on everything as far as cables slacking up,cables coming off etc.etc.-scott-if they cycle once on startup and everthing looks good you should be ok when riding-scott

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
F7s dont have this self clean mode-f5s only on startup-I think i was told f7s you have to bring up to a certain rpm-anyways i have my servo covers off on both f5s-no problems during riding in heavy snow and its easy to keep an eye on everything during pitstops just to make sure cables are staying attached

1 - 10 of 10 Posts