Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at p. 14-15 in the Firecat Operator's Manual with the procedure on how to check the APV cables for proper exposed cable lengths. I got the servo cover off no problem, but I can't see how in the heck to remove the actuating cables from the servo. Has anyone done this, or familiar with doing this?

And what about APV valve maintenance... is there anything special to know about removing them for inspection and/or cleaning if needed? Thanks! -- Roy

·
Registered
841 Posts
Thats a good question roy...........I know that it is very important to keep them clean because if they start sticking it triggers the computer to go into limp mode and your sled will barely run untill the dealer resets the computer........................It happened to me twice on my 800.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Roy,
If the Firecat is like my 02 ZL, when you take the cover off the servo motor, you will need to remove a small clip from the bottom of the assembly right were the cables attach. After that, rotate the servo motor counter clockwise until you get some slack. Then pull down on the rear cable until it releases from the servo motor block and work it back from the motor. Do the same for the front cable.

Just a side bar, with the cables out, you should be able to hold the cable in one hand and actuate the valves with the other. I use this method to see if my valves are getting sticky.

Using Klotz and after 900 miles the valves are clean and easy to move

Good luck
Ronski

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ronski, I THINK that helps explain it a bit better. I'll let you know later today! -- Roy

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Hey Roy,

I posted this on AmSnow as well, but thought some people who don't know how to do it here would be interested. Nicely written doc with pics as well.

This site if for the 800...I haven't checked, but I assume the F7 is the same/similar:

http://www.off-road.com/snowmobile/info/ho...haustvalves.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts