Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note that you pull the cables up several times and release to confirm proper operation of the valves. Then you "lightly" pull up any slack to measure. The valves are in the "closed" position while the measurement is taken.

Page 1 (of 2):

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Nick@Jan 28 2003, 12:25 PM
Rob,

How long did the whole process take yoU? How much adjustment did you have to make?
the adjustment was very quick.. like 10 minutes. the valve cleaning took a bit longer.. like half an hour. My cables were out of adjustment at 1.3" exposed.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
mine where 33 mm - took all the adjustment out of cable to get to specs-now when servo motor cycles and resets itself to much slack-honestly just doesnt make any sense-my dealer and performance manual says to check around 2000 miles and honestly cables shouldnt stretch or shorten-so are they leaving the factory with wrong adjustments,or is the specs wrong,or are we measuring wrong-my 2001 and 2002 cables where perfect according to specs,and that was after 2000 miles-cables never came off,no oily residue-honestly something is screwed up with these-rob can you get an answer from arctic cat????my dealer is also contacting cat-scott

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As far as I know most were off from the factory. Why am I not surprised? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Originally posted by bee1971@Jan 28 2003, 07:12 PM
mine where 33 mm - took all the adjustment out of cable to get to specs-now when servo motor cycles and resets itself to much slack
Thats exactly the problem I am having, I adjusted mine and now after the servo cycles there seems to be to much slack in the cables,and they fall off from the servo :angry: What the F#%@ is going on?? My valves are moving freely so I know its not a sticky valve problem.. Anyone else having problems with the damn APV cables staying on the servo??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by schifty@Jan 28 2003, 07:51 PM
mine also took all the adjustment? rob, did your sled run better?
to be honest, I couldn't really tell any difference.. but it sure isn't any slower :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by schifty@Jan 28 2003, 09:04 PM
think its ok to run with the servo cover off?
you mean for a test? sure, I don't see how it could harm...

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Ive left them off on purpose this past weekend to see what would happen on both sleds during startup when engine cold-brand new sled the damn things slacked up but didnt come off-kept off all weekend-no snow affected servo-check out my post yesterday-long subject-scott frye

1 - 17 of 17 Posts