Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have studded all of my sleds in the past and have paid all over the board on price. What is a fair price for 144 down the middle, aluminum backers, installed?

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
Originally posted by ST98@Oct 18 2005, 08:28 AM
I have studded all of my sleds in the past and have paid all over the board on price.  What is a fair price for 144 down the middle, aluminum backers, installed?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=937103
[/quote]

I bought those cheap stainless carbide tipped Fastracs last year for about a buck apiece off ebay. They stood up great, as good as any. I'm done overpaying for Woodys or the other studs. They had them at the show too, same price, or you can find them on ebay. Being the cheapskate that I am, I stud my own. Last year, I put 192 1.4s on my 05 RX1, with one in every other outside lug. I think I'm gonna just do 144 up the middle this year, same size. Most dealers charge about a buck a stud to install them.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by wolfie@Oct 18 2005, 09:19 AM
I bought those cheap stainless carbide tipped Fastracs last year for about a buck apiece off ebay.  They stood up great, as good as any.  I'm done overpaying for Woodys or the other studs.  They had them at the show too, same price, or you can find them on ebay.  Being the cheapskate that I am, I stud my own.  Last year, I put 192 1.4s on my 05 RX1, with one in every other outside lug.  I think I'm gonna just do 144 up the middle this year, same size.  Most dealers charge about a buck a stud to install them.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=937279
[/quote]

I didn't mean to imply that I actually studded them myself. I paid to have it done. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
My dealer is installing the 144 studs in the middle of the track for the cost of the studs only. They'll be installed when I pick it up. Now I could buy them cheaper online than they're gonna charge me, but time is money and that seems like a decent deal to me to not have to install them.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Originally posted by ST98@Oct 18 2005, 07:28 AM
I have studded all of my sleds in the past and have paid all over the board on price.  What is a fair price for 144 down the middle, aluminum backers, installed?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=937103
[/quote]
i wouldn't use aluminum backers. we only install them at the totally imformed requet of the customer. if you are aggressive rider the edges of the aluminum backers tend to curl up. we install about 10,000 studs yearly. have had many manufacturers give us studs to try out and we have setteled on woody's.
for 144, at 1.325 length we charge $284 for woody's excel and $324 for gold diggers installed with steel backers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts