Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did post this on TYF
Tipped 2006 apex over on side on Sunday.Turned it off right away. It broke windshield.
It fired right up and I drove it about 150 ft then it shut off. Engine check light came on. sled would restart then same thing,hut off. Checked oil levels coolant wire harness etc. good. no codes
Took to dealer yesterday, they said engine needs to come out, broken oil pump or chain ? Said not worth it buy a new sled.put a gauge in block no oil pressure
Some of the guys on yamha forem talking about bleeding oil pump and said some mountain riders have to do it when the roll. Anyone have a procedure ? Was thinking of putting air at oil tank and trying to force oil up to pump. or pump oil directly into block through port where pressure sensor is mounted and try and push air out of system
sled has 27,000 kms runs mint, or at least it did. Don't want to have to pull out engine as Im pretty sure oil pump not serviceable from the bottom

thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apex no oil pressure "update"

finally got to pulling engine out last week. Dropped pan and found oil pump chain snapped.
Assuming was so stretched after 27,000 km that when i flipped sled on its side it partially came off sprocket. When i tried to refire sled it spit it off gear and it broke
New $18 chain , a few gaskets and"o"rings will be good to go again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts