Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Apex GT on order-- current sled RX1 with 168 studs am thinking of 144 woodys on the center of the track only. Whats your :dance2: thoughts?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have same sled coming and am considering either 144 3 across including outside or a 4 to 2 pattern down the middle with double backers. I have seen comments about high slider wear studding down the middle only. I have never studded down the middle only, what your comments.......

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
It depends what you want. If you more rear grip during cornering, put more studs on the outside. If you want more rear grip on acceleration, put more studs in the middle.
Ive always put more studs on the outside because I value corning grip over straightline grip and then I just play around with the weight transfer and ski pressue settings to fine tune it.
Cap'n

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Had 96 in a snowcross patern (Studboy) last year in my 05. .1375 Worked very well. I'll be doing that with my attack except with the added studs for the longer track.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I WILL BE USINGT THE 144 DOWN THE MIDDLE PATTERN FROM WOODIES. I USED IT LAST YEAR ON MY FUSION AND IT SEEMED TO WORK WELL, TO BAD THE SLED DIDN'T!!! MY DAD HAD IT ON HIS RX-1 AND SEEMED TO BE SOLID SO I THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD CHOICE FOR ANYONE.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
ive made my pattern before and lost the paper i had it on :banghead: down the center is great for aggrressive riding,u stud on the outside more chances of it ripping out.....when u stud down the middle keep the studs close to the slide rails thats where all your weight is :div20: im gonna buy a gt in october what are the chances of me finding one :dunno:

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Chances of finding an Apex GT in October??? :yelrotflmao:
Id say slim to none (and Slim just left town). The Apex GT was the most highly sought after Apex. If you didnt spring order one, you aint gettin' one. You only hope is to find a dealer where someone ordered a GT and then backed out of it.
Good luck with that one, youre gonna need it.
Cap'n

·
Registered
440 Posts
My dealer had to fight to get mine as he was only allocated one. I was the second that bought and thankfully Randy at Tri city Cycle in K-W is a great dealer and pulled some strings for me. That was back at spring order time, good luck getting one now.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Ive heard of some people who ordered GTs and their dealers have called them and said they wont be able to get a GT, only an RTX or an ER.
Apparently, Ohlins cant keep up with the demand for the electric shock, so Yamaha wasnt able to fill all of the GT orders.
Cap'n

2,329 Posts
Originally posted by rx1 meirda@Sep 7 2005, 06:32 AM
DO NOT stud the outsides of thecamoplast tracks....been there done that!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=863908
[/quote]
If you use double backers on the outside you shouldn't have a problem, i tried 144 down the middle on my fusion & still couldn't get it to hook up, so i added double's to the outside(i've seen too many single's on the outside rip out)2500 miles of hard driving & still no problems.(my track is a 1.25 camoplast) :cn:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
144 studs on a fusion is not enough,surprised u didnt have problems ripping them out

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Originally posted by Captain_Toyota@Sep 6 2005, 10:03 PM
Ive heard of some people who ordered GTs and their dealers have called them and said they wont be able to get a GT, only an RTX or an ER.
Apparently, Ohlins cant keep up with the demand for the electric shock, so Yamaha wasnt able to fill all of the GT orders.
Cap'n
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=863673
[/quote]
that is totally untrue. dealers who refunded money never ordered enough in the first place. dealers could change there order mix on units except the apex gt. those were set in stone. when they were ordered in february. with the poor snow season, a lot of dealers were reluctant to order a lot of $11000 sleds. they were told one chance only to order the maximum that you wanted. THERE WERE NO ALLOCATIONS ON THIS SLED. IT WAS OPEN ORDERING ON THIS UNIT. ORDER AS MANY AS YOU WANTED. THE PRICE WAS THE ALLOCATING FACTOR TO DEALERS. we have extra units available for sale. they will be the last ones that we recieve in december. this pretains to us dealers, don't know what went on in canada but i bet it was the same.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Canada was different....small dealers could only get one GT. Five star and prefered dealers could get more.

Trust me....I have to go and pick up our 3 new sleds at three different dealers! We were way ahead of the spring dealine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts