Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amsnow dynoed the apex motor, dyno was done by bender, here are the numbers.

149.8 @ 10,100 rpm

80+ ft/lbs

Not so bad considering the 03 RX 1 when dynoed at 137 hp @ 10,400 in 02. They also said it revs extremely quick.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I just got the edition. It's nice that Yamaha is not blowing up the numbers on this one. I'm sure it's going to be a dynamite sled!

·
Registered
305 Posts
hauck power sports dynoed a proto in july at 149-not sure of rpm but they did do some tuning and did get it upto 152 stock-not sure on what they did but they did tell me that they didnt touch anything-im thinkin remapped fuel system-somethin with the fuel delivery

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
u guys ever heard of clutching,i dont care if your mach has 200hp...face the facts its a 4-stroke and the mach has a new contender :div20:

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,410 Posts
Originally posted by RED800@Oct 7 2005, 10:21 PM
u guys ever heard of clutching,i dont care if your mach has 200hp...face the facts its a 4-stroke and the mach has a new contender :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=915639
[/quote]
what's the power to weight ratio on an apex?

i still see it as 150hp sled with only 80+ ft/lbs of torque.
not enough.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Originally posted by sayatodaU.P.eh?@Oct 7 2005, 09:23 PM

not enough.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=915642
[/quote]
:gtyof: :frech11: :smilielol: ill use your favorite fusion line too. "have you rode one?" i have and the throttle response and bottom end torque are awesome! :div20:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
something caught my eye,cause my money went to the apex and not the fusion....power to weight maybe diff...but actual weights within pounds of each other.......apex carry's its max power and torque over a 1300rpm curve,the mach maybe 400rpm.....apex's crankshaft is 2.2 pds lighter so its low end is covered ad FI and i quote from snotech"this motor lights up faster than any stock motor ever"snotech holds alot of credibility in my eye's...when the snow fly's we'll see,nothing but good reviews for the apex :div20:

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
Originally posted by sayatodaU.P.eh?@Oct 7 2005, 10:23 PM

not enough.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=915642
[/quote]

True, but its over a range about much wider than the average two stroke. Helen Keller could clutch that thing. Put down the magazines and ride one this winter, the sleds gonna friggin rip. For those who say, "no one's ridden one yet", big deal. I had my 05 rockin' last winter with just a little clutch work, and this motor is hugely improved. The universal good reviews are not hype. I will admit the Mach Z should be faster on the lake, hp wins, but the Apex won't be far behind.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
wolf didnt u test the proto's, info

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
Originally posted by RED800@Oct 8 2005, 12:00 AM
wolf didnt u test the proto's, info
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=915774
[/quote]

Actually, I didn't. But, I was invited with 6 other guys from TY.com for a special test session last winter, and it was canceled last minute at the Colbrook snodeo, cuz they didn't think they'd have the sleds there. I ended up baggin' it and going to Canada to ride that weekend. Turns out they did have some protos to ride, and some of the guys did ride them, and were totally impressed.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I got to ride the proto's. My 05 RX is an awesome sled, but it felt like a tank in comparison. They're that good.

And to the pol and Mach guys keep the bashing light or nonexistant :beerchug:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes the mach will be faster. But it will aslo use more gas,vibrate more, and not last to 10k with out a rebuild.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
My stock clutched Z beat every clutched Z last season.Only got beat by one with pipes.The apex is a great sled but i think the POO or CAT9 is more its competition :beer:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts