Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone noticed their paint coming off their shocks on a Standard F7. Mine looks like rocks have been hitting it. Little round spots chipping off.

I am not talking where the spring rubs the A arm ehtier.

Wonder if cat will warranty this. I doubt it.

Talk to ya

F7

·
Registered
290 Posts
what are you going to do when the rocks start bouncing off your hood?

my springs and hood have chips from rocks in them....I could care less. It's part of riding

Save yourself some embarrassment and don't even think of asking your dealer to warranty paint chips

Buy some shock covers or ride in the lead...that will solve your problem

·
Registered
18 Posts
Get Real! From people that want warranty work done like you is why it is harder to get Cat to fix serious problems that really need attenion.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by F7 Firecat@Jan 26 2003, 02:03 PM
Anyone noticed their paint coming off their shocks on a Standard F7. Mine looks like rocks have been hitting it. Little round spots chipping off.

I am not talking where the spring rubs the A arm ehtier.

Wonder if cat will warranty this. I doubt it.

Talk to ya

F7
I have that too...don't think it will be warrantied...pretty positive it won't. I was riding on shit trails when I noticed, and figured that it was my own dumb luck.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok guys I asked for an opionion and not a lecture. These chips I believe are from stress on the springs not from rocks or my buddies fanning me their spoil.

Just asked for a simple opionion and all I get is grief from you guys. Glad I don't have to spend a weekend sledding with you guys, might just drive me nuts. lol

Bryan

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a standard F7 and my right front shock is getting chewed up from my spring rubbing against it. The Arctic Cat sticker is pretty much worn off the shock. I think my spring might be bent a little bit, but if I turn the spring a couple turns I can make it so it doesn't rub the shock. The shock seems to be fine besides a little cosmetic damage which I could care less about.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Mine is the same as sled-hed spring wearing on shock...ah well dealer
is trying to get me a new shock and spring under warrenty...doubt
it will happen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts