Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After putting some miles on my F7 it howls loud at 30 and only at 30 on acceleration or deceleration. Also there was some weird gray shit on the tunnel and seat on the left side footwell.

·
Registered
516 Posts
What do you mean by a "howl"? Coming from where?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
belt dust? ;) mine after 200 miles "howls" sometimes. I think it is the brake rubbing a little?

·
Registered
593 Posts
I noticed the same noise with my helmit off riding from parking lot to camp. at around 30 the engine gives out a higher pitched noise i think it is the power valves opening, can't here with helmit on

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Its the track. All newer high profile tracks howl under certain cnditions especially hardpack. If you had a 3/4" track is would be quieter.
THAT GREASE ON YOUR TUNNEL IS A SIGN OF A LOOSE BOLT OR A MISSING SPACER IN YOUR MOUNTING ARMS!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a LOUD howl ONLY at 30 and it didn't do it the first 40 miles. The grey stuff is coming from under the gas tank or in front of it somewhere, I haven't had time to take it in the shop and look at it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Howling noise! Put 500 miles on in mountains in Wyoming over Christmas. on second day I noticed a noise that sounded kinda like putting a card on the spokes of a bike. At some times & at certain speeds it was loud and irratating. I checked everything I could think of, track tension and alignment but it seems to come and go.We were riding in alot of looser snow and it was building up in the tunnel on the skid, my theory is that its a resonance of the sound of the track going over the drivers. Snowhunter

·
Registered
126 Posts
That grey stuff---You don't have a quart of oil in the trunk
do you? I had a quart of oil in the trunk of my old ZR once
and it opened up and spilled all over, it wasn't pretty and man
did I feel stuuuupid. :ph34r: The residue started coming out
from the seat and it was greyish in color--most likely not your
problem but if it is easy fix!

·
Registered
21 Posts
all my arctic cats showed grey drips on the tunnel coming from under the the gas tank,this is moisture and the tank rubbing aluminum, should be okay as long as it is not coming from the front suspension bolt.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Lots of the noise comes from chunks of snow and ice banging around in the tunnel. Because the track clearance is so tight on the sides, the snow can't escape there anymore...it has to go around.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Mine howls also but doesn't start until about 70MPH - wait a minute....my mistake that was me howling as my arms are being streached :) . Seriously now..it sounds like track noise and the grease could be from a missing front suspension bolt hole - if the bolt is out track could be out of alignment?? if you haven't already get the longer bolts installed that hold in the suspension - there is a recall on this.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I put a huundred miles on my F7 and then studded it .Sunday was the first chance I had to try it out and the first thing I noticed was a loud howl from 15 mph up.It sounds like the track clips hitting on the front of the rails. the track seems to be lined up good ,so I am going to try running it a little looser.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts