Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, ive got a 2005 arctic cat 440 snopro, and i was wondering where the best place is to get my heads shaved to run pump gas, and what other things would i need or you recommend. Trying to keep it a low money project.</span></span>

·
Registered
114 Posts
Something to ponder.....Can you get race gas close to where you live? What is is a gallon? What is premium a gallon at the pump? How much do you ride? How long you gonna keep the sled? With a 440 that doesnt use much fuel you have to put alot of miles to equal out the cost of running race gas vs switching over to pump fuel. I just thought about doing it to my mod but i would have to do alot of riding to bay for the $1.90 difference a gal in fuel. Of course for me i can run down the street to the pump and get 110 for $4.90 a gal

·
Registered
376 Posts
call rob at robs country collision. his number is 315-483-2137. his address is
5960 route 104
PO Box 92
Sodus, NY 14551

i just sent mine out a few days ago, its $50 per head plus a few extra bucks for return shipping. Very easy guy to deal with. I'll let you all know how the heads turned out when I get them back.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Something to ponder.....Can you get race gas close to where you live? What is is a gallon? What is premium a gallon at the pump? How much do you ride? How long you gonna keep the sled? With a 440 that doesnt use much fuel you have to put alot of miles to equal out the cost of running race gas vs switching over to pump fuel. I just thought about doing it to my mod but i would have to do alot of riding to bay for the $1.90 difference a gal in fuel. Of course for me i can run down the street to the pump and get 110 for $4.90 a gal[/b]
yea, i can get race gas in town, but theres only 2 places that carry it and they arn't open on saturdays or sundays. and thats the part i hate because i always forget to get my gas the friday before and that ruins my trips and plans to ride with my buddies. premium fuel is 3.14 here in menominee michigan. i ride quite a bit. im planning on keeping my sled for the next 3 or 4 years. hah your a lucky one, i wish our citgo carried 110 at there pump, and i could always sneak down there at night with my sled and get it.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
yea, i can get race gas in town, but theres only 2 places that carry it and they arn't open on saturdays or sundays. and thats the part i hate because i always forget to get my gas the friday before and that ruins my trips and plans to ride with my buddies. premium fuel is 3.14 here in menominee michigan. i ride quite a bit. im planning on keeping my sled for the next 3 or 4 years. hah your a lucky one, i wish our citgo carried 110 at there pump, and i could always sneak down there at night with my sled and get it.[/b]
Just get a 55gal drum and fill it and your set!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just get a 55gal drum and fill it and your set!!![/b]
Haha, i wish it was that easy, ive been saving my money for 3 years to get something decent, and i finally got it, but the fuel was something i never factored in. And with my dad being a retard and not helping to pay for any of it, or the gas or oil. :hmm: I think im gonna have to get a little part time job to keep my riding afloat. But Thanks for your help guys.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
yeah if you can just save you pennies, just get a 55gallon drum and fill it with some 110 trust me you will be more than satisfied with the performance you will get out of you sled with running 110!!! ITS WORTH THE EXTRA buck!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts