Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:boxing: Earlier I asked about adjustable limiter straps on my F-7 sn pro. How do I get that thing to rider a good wheelie out of the hole if I want it to. Do any of you f-7 guys have wheelie riding capability with your machines? If so how. I am going to put a clutch kit in it next month, and reeds. It's all stock besides that ( a can too). Think this will do it. My zrt 600 triple buddy can't believe my 140 hp machine wont do it. I guess this is kind of childish. I guess I just want him to be quiet, this coming winter.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
#1 - Loose your coupling blocks

#2 - Loose the can

#3 - Loosen the limiter strap

#4 - Loose the reeds

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
did you take the coupler blocks out?? is it studded??

you should be able to pull the skis without studs if the rear is set up: limiter straps not too tight and no coupler blocks

if your on hardpack snow you dont even need to spend money in order to get it to wheelie.... :cn:

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
no coupler blocks would get my F-7 to pull the front up pretty high

·
Registered
843 Posts
This is all you have to do buddy. Believe me, I've rode alot of wheelies ....& didn't even want to.

1. Take the suspension coupling blocks out of the rails (they are the square plastic ones)

2. Loosen the spring tension blocks of the suspension (the triangle blocks in the suspension)

3. Pick the track with studs..... You need Bite!

The fact that you are putting on a clutch kit helps. The key to doing a wheelie on a sled is power & transfer. The quicker the weight transfers from front to back, the easier it is to stand it up.

One thing to remember when taking off, lean back like your in a lake race. Putting the weight in the back helps.

The last race I ran on a lake I probably stood the ski's up for 500 feet. :div20:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
If the skis are high off the ground along with 1/2 the track where are you going to go?? no wheres as fast as you would the track in full contact with the ground and your skis hovering about 6". Don't get me wrong, you need transfer, but just because your skis are 3 feet off the ground doesn't mean your going fast. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Originally posted by sledhead20@Aug 23 2005, 04:15 PM
If the skis are high off the ground along with 1/2 the track where are you going to go?? no wheres as fast as you would the track in full contact with the ground and your skis hovering about 6".  Don't get me wrong, you need transfer, but just because your skis are 3 feet off the ground doesn't mean your going fast. :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=844970
[/quote]
True... but he asked about wheelies and not about hookup for a race. If you Really want to pull the front up, unhook the limiter straps altogether :augen41: :Wow1:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts