Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to ride, I would rather ride with someone. I have friday afternoon and evening open. We could start anywhere north of Minocqua and head up to the Michigan state line.

I could trailer north, but I would rather not cover my sled with salt & road crap (Open trailer, with premium Poo cover)

Let me know, PM me, or post here.

I want to get a ride in before the bulk of the new-years people get up here.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Hey old cat man, No I have to work and my Kids are all coming up for the weekend. If it snows enough? I'll be out to play. LOL Stay in touch, my office is 1.5 miles north of you. Stop in and see us

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping to ride with you'se guys earlier this week, but i am not fully in charge of the Planning department around this house.

And the 8:00 AM thing would have hurt. I can barely move until about 10:30 AM when the pain meds start kicking in.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Hey old cat man, No I have to work and my Kids are all coming up for the weekend. If it snows enough? I'll be out to play. LOL Stay in touch, my office is 1.5 miles north of you. Stop in and see us[/b]

I thought that was your office, the old Bakery, Gary's place! Yes, we are on Surprise Lake so very close to you! Yes, we'll stop by once the trails open there. I don't want to see the local DNR haha! Take care, keep in touch my parents got Granitwave this summer and now I can do the internet while here also! Got to love that I can even work from here if needed!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Hay Frank whats going on

I am off tomorrow thru tuesday

My bud has a cabin in Tomahawk - He says there is snow , but how are the trails i asked ????
He hasnt been out yet with the sled

I dont know what i am going to do - Wife has to work in the morning , and i was waiting on this big storm to see what happened HA HA HA

Want to ride somewere - So were is the snow - Whats everyones plan - I am waiting to here from Matt on the trails in that area tomorrow i guess
I could get my ass up early in AM and head anywere - Have wife come up later HA HA

Scott

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Hay Frank whats going on

My bud has a cabin in Tomahawk - He says there is snow , but how are the trails i asked ????

I dont know what i am going to do - Wife has to work in the morning , and i was waiting on this big storm to see what happened HA HA HA

Want to ride somewere - So were is the snow - Whats everyones plan - I am waiting to here from Matt on the trails in that area tomorrow i guess
I could get my ass up early in AM and head anywere - Have wife come up later HA HA

Scott[/b]

Hi Scott,

Not much here, we got another 2-3 here today so I did some miles on the lake today with my son! And we'll be here for another day or so and longer if we get snow if not we are heading home to clean up after Xmas. But, if we come up with a plan we can stay longer.

I'll check again tomorrow. And yes good luck on your wife coming later, that has never worked for me yet, but if you get it to work I'll buy the first beer!

I have a funny from today, my son saw me put the sled back in the trailer and he wanted to put his in there so I said aim for here and you can do it. And he did it like a pro!

Frank

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I thought that was your office, the old Bakery, Gary's place! Yes, we are on Surprise Lake so very close to you! Yes, we'll stop by once the trails open there. I don't want to see the local DNR haha! Take care, keep in touch my parents got Granitwave this summer and now I can do the internet while here also! Got to love that I can even work from here if needed![/b]
Yes, you found me, can't hide anymore. LOL I'm with the crew right now on little horn, building a new home and won't be in the office for a few days. Have fun on surprise. Your only a hour from ridable trails, what are you doing on here? LOL See you this winter :div20:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I want to ride, I would rather ride with someone. I have friday afternoon and evening open. We could start anywhere north of Minocqua and head up to the Michigan state line.

I could trailer north, but I would rather not cover my sled with salt & road crap (Open trailer, with premium Poo cover)

Let me know, PM me, or post here.

I want to get a ride in before the bulk of the new-years people get up here.
Thanks[/b]
Hey 2Old,

I am going to ride tomorrow but it will either be early or more towards the afternoon depending on what my email brings me. I usually ride in the star lake area. My F-7 is all black with a pink raccoons tail on the bumper. If I have time, I stop at Hollys for a hot chocolate and lunch. You might know it as Stillwaters but to me it is always Hollys.

Nancy LOL

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hay Frank whats going on

Scott[/b]

Anything north of tomahawk ( Including Tomahawk) should be ok yet, the trails looked nice from the road when I was down there yesterday. I got a good look at the bearskin by hwy 51 and it had good cover yet. But I would not expect it to be white for very long. it gets real "snirty" in the open areas real quick. I was just hoping to get some miles on before the Holiday weekend onslaught, we have alot of people here right now, but the trails are not packed yet. I figure the bulk of riders will be traveling up Friday night through saturday night to enjoy the extended holiday weekend.

I just want to get some seat-time in while there is still some snow on the corners and road crossings.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hey 2Old,

I am going to ride tomorrow but it will either be early or more towards the afternoon depending on what my email brings me. I usually ride in the star lake area. My F-7 is all black with a pink raccoons tail on the bumper. If I have time, I stop at Hollys for a hot chocolate and lunch. You might know it as Stillwaters but to me it is always Hollys.

Nancy LOL[/b]

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well, looks like I am riding alone, The roads are too sloppy to trailer anywhere, So I am heading out from home. More than likely take Trail 17 & 6E North'ish and set my sights for Mani-Waters and north. maybe I'll get side tracked towards Boulder Junction. it depends on how the trails are and what looks good.

My plans are for bailing out of here at noon'ish.

Seeee-ya

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
well, looks like I am riding alone, The roads are too sloppy to trailer anywhere, So I am heading out from home. More than likely take Trail 17 & 6E North'ish and set my sights for Mani-Waters and north. maybe I'll get side tracked towards Boulder Junction. it depends on how the trails are and what looks good.
My plans are for bailing out of here at noon'ish.
Seeee-ya[/b]

I would have loved to come up this morning , and i usually do head up to my friends cabin in Tomahawk and ride with the boys , but the wife was supposed to be off today and at the last minute (Another story and she is pissed) but i didnt want to trailer all the way up and then have to turn around tonight to pick up the wife or would have made for a long long weekend if she would have drove up tonight by herself and the road conditions ??? Ok enough ranting or whining about the wifey

Anyways i think were heading up tonight or early AM - I dont know what to expect so a trail report would be sweet when you get back - Might stay in Tomahawk and if the trails there are shit , trailer somewere ???

Anyone riding tomorrow or the next or the next

Scott/Jules

1 - 15 of 15 Posts