Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lookin to do a lil riding tomorrow morning out of my rents house in barnstead. meet up at bosco bell and head out, ill ride alone but its nice to have someone to help dig u out of the powder! shoot me a pm ill be checkin till about midnight~

·
Registered
97 Posts
lookin to do a lil riding tomorrow morning out of my rents house in barnstead. meet up at bosco bell and head out, ill ride alone but its nice to have someone to help dig u out of the powder! shoot me a pm ill be checkin till about midnight~[/b]

only if i can sit in front

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
How did you make out?

I was on 17 on Monday and it should have been closed there were so many open waterbars

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
How did you make out?

I was on 17 on Monday and it should have been closed there were so many open waterbars[/b]
17 is in tough shape as are a few other trails, Most of these spots where not a problem before the rains and thaw we had, And most of these will freeze over with some decent cold weather. after they freeze the groomer can pull more snow over them.SVSR web site is posting as many of these hazards as they are reported,A trail that looks good can go to crap pretty quick after a 100 or so sleds chew through a water bar.We have been dropping pallets in some of these spots for a quick fix for now.Another thing to remember is some landowners do'nt mind a sled trail on their property,But refuse to let the club intall a bridge.

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
17 is in tough shape as are a few other trails, Most of these spots where not a problem before the rains and thaw we had, And most of these will freeze over with some decent cold weather. after they freeze the groomer can pull more snow over them.SVSR web site is posting as many of these hazards as they are reported,A trail that looks good can go to crap pretty quick after a 100 or so sleds chew through a water bar.We have been dropping pallets in some of these spots for a quick fix for now.Another thing to remember is some landowners do'nt mind a sled trail on their property,But refuse to let the club intall a bridge.[/b]
Wasn't trying to point any fingers or come across the wrong way.

I am well aware of all the rain that happened a couple of weeks ago. All of the local clubs are dealing with the same problem right now. I was actually surprised to see that some groomers were running.

Allot of these spots were bad because of the rain, not because of 100's of sleds.

Hopefully things will "setup" in the next few days, but the weekend looks warm again.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Wasn't trying to point any fingers or come across the wrong way.

I am well aware of all the rain that happened a couple of weeks ago. All of the local clubs are dealing with the same problem right now. I was actually surprised to see that some groomers were running.

Allot of these spots were bad because of the rain, not because of 100's of sleds.

Hopefully things will "setup" in the next few days, but the weekend looks warm again.[/b]
Just went back and read my response......Guess i did come across a little dicky.....You are correct about the rain, I just got back in from flagging waterbars, and right now there are some that where never there before. hopefully the groomers will be out soon to fill some of these.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts