Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could use some extra hands after the wind this week folks :beer_cheers:

From the PPSC forums
I know it's late in the week, looking for help on SAT. morning, tomorrow we'll meet at ODDFELLOW'S HALL beside McD's Resturant, south end of Port Perry, tomorrow 9:00 am. Bring rubber boots just in case it's wet out, no kidding. I'll try & stay to the high ground & we'll do the E108 north [ the rail bed, Sleep's bush, Trail #2] Thanks Rampman (Brian)[/b]

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any details, time place, how big are the lakes........my dog has short legs....LOL.[/b]
Thanks for wanting to pitch in Gormleyflyer :beer_cheers:

I know it's late in the week, looking for help on SAT. morning, tomorrow we'll meet at ODDFELLOW'S HALL beside McD's Resturant, south end of Port Perry, tomorrow 9:00 am. Bring rubber boots just in case it's wet out, no kidding. I'll try & stay to the high ground & we'll do the E108 north [ the rail bed, Sleep's bush, Trail #2] Thanks Rampman (Brian)[/b]

The Odd Fellows Hall is on Simcoe St just south of 7A right beside Mc Donalds. Were going to stick to high ground the best we can, might not be advisable to bring rover along, lots cutting going on ....... don't want to see any dogs getting hurt.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rick,
I should be free by 9:00 but if I am running late how can I meet up with you all?[/b]

I'll pm you my cell #

I thought you dont brush your hair till spring, you got a hot date?[/b]

Not even then brother .......... I just switch to my quad bucket :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I'll be there...

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nutter...I'll see your brushing and raise you " wood cutting and spliting", "wiring", "metal roofing''...and the ace i'm holding is
Outhouse moving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smiley-faces7: :pointlaugh: :pointlaugh:[/b]

Did the splitting for a couple hours Wed and yesterday, glad I'm done with that for the season. Enjoy the stinky move ..... :(

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ya need to give me a bit more time.

That being said I still have 2 destination signs to finish and.....
I'll raise you with a....trail reroute ( nice easy one, farmer wanted it 'same as last year... now let's move it
to the other side of the field. Still its only 50 or so acres and in the same field and he is kind enough to let
us use his property so I have no issues with moving it if he wants.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Spiffy..We were in the middle of a major re-route when things got really wet. Trying to straighten out a trail until we just about lost a hi-hoe yesterday (sort of swampy) Can't understand why the owner pull out?? Maybe some pic's tomorow. I think he's coming back..not really sure though! Why couldn't it have stayed cold...I wouldn't be so busy..fun though!

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just in case I miss you at the hall... you goin' in off Old Simcoe at the railbed?[/b]

I don't know for sure Larry, Brain and Ken went out today and did Sleeps bush and some of the rail bed .... 6 tree's down in less then a mile !

We'll be splitting up, and I'll be taking a crew of four down to do our south trails, while the rest go north.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Big thanks to all of you who came out today, great that we were able to lick just about everthing off in one day :beer_cheers:

TVBrian took all the pic's today, he said he'll have them up sometime tonight :thumbsup:

Again thanks to all !!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
how bad is it down there?[/b]

Not much in the way of tree's Jay, we probably had to cut 10 or 15 that fell across the trail today, and probably 30 or 40 that could just be thrown to the side.

As for the trails I was suprised as shit, 6 to 8 inches of hard hard ice base in most areas, with some small stretches down to to the nut, like the E108 land trail dirt and water as far as we could go with out getting wet. But for the most part the water has drained way pretty good.

E108 east from the club house was almost good enough to ride, not much snow needed to get it up and running again :beer_cheers:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts