Hardcore Sledder banner

Anyone using a 7x17 inline?

12K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  MN182Q 
#1 ·
I am starting to see more of the single axle 7 x 17 trailers by us. Dealers say they cant keep them in stock. They will hold 2 sleds...tighter fit but works none the less. I am considering due to I need a highly maneuverable trailer and light weight.

#4 ·
2 tires to replace vs 4 is something to consider also. Single axle is fine with 2 sleds if you ask me. I had a 14' single axle enclosed (14' + 2' V Cargo trailer, by ordering a 12' single axle plus 2' extra, instead of a standard 14' tandem axle), worked great, no need for tandem axle even towing with a lighter SUV, 4x4 Explorer did the job.

Reactions: MN182Q
#5 ·
I owned 2 sleds and bought a 23' inline so I'd have extra room for my tools and gear. Within 3 months I had a 3rd sled, a year later I have 4. Now I wish I bought the 27' for an extra grand!

I actually figured out a way to get 3 129" sleds and a 144" in my 23' but its a puzzle.
With these inline trailers it's hard to go too big.

The other thing to consider is brakes, most single axles don't have brakes. It's always nice to tow with brakes.

#6 ·
I have a 7x19. I don't think I would like to give up more than 12" of room to comfortably/easily park 2 sleds in there. 2 axles are nice. I've had a bearing go out and take out the hub and spindle and was able to take one wheel off and drive to the shop to fix it. This obviously only works with torsion axles

#7 ·
You don't need a tandem on a 7x12 with 5' vee. Actually I've never seen one. They don't even come with brakes either. You're only going to get 2 sleds in there. If you can get more than that you're a magician. I have inches to spare with my two Renegades in there. If I had to do it over again I'd go with a 7x14 w/5' vee.

#8 ·
Thanks that is the information I was looking for. Which 7x17 did you go with? Are you happy with it? I see most of the single axle setups weigh 1200-1300lbs. Pretty light weight. Any chance you have pictures with two sleds in your trailer. I am torn between a 7x12 plus V or a 7x14 plus a V. If I didn't have a tight driveway I would for sure get a 7x14 or larger. Smaller trailer is better for maneuverability.

#10 ·
I have a Legend 7x14 plus 5' vee. It is single axle and it has brakes. Its the easiest towing trailer I have ever pulled. Weighs 1750 empty. I can put some pics up with sleds loaded if you want to see. I have 2 136" track sleds in it. Perfect set up for 2 sleds.

#22 ·
If you're going to order one, I would recommend putting brakes on. 2 sleds, some gear and snow and ice buildup, you could be hitting 3K lbs. Dry clear roads you'd be fine, but crummy roads,, the brakes would help. Just my opinion after having trailers with and without brakes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.