Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does this software work for snowmobiling? The kids mail ordered me one for Christmas and I don't know if it is going to work for me. Most of what I have read on HCS tells me to get a Garmin but several posts have mentioned the Megellan does not loose it's signal as easily and that's why the kids choose it. I need to decide by the 31st as the $9.99 offer for the MapSend Topo 3D USA software goes to $140 on Jan. 1st. I ride mostly in northern MN and WI and have not had a GPS before. :banghead:

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've got it and use it. There is also another program you can use to make changes to your map, add way points, different things once you have it loaded onto your computer. If you keep the magellan let me know and I'll get you the info needed

·
Registered
246 Posts
I can't speak to the 3D version of MapSend Topo, but I have used the previous version of Mapsend Topo and other Mapsend software and have had no issues . . . the Topo software is definitely better when you're out in the willy wags and need to be able to quickly ID landmarks such as lakes, ponds, etc. I will say $9.99 for the software is a heckuva deal.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a Magellan eXplorist 400 with the Topo software. Still waiting for some snow to try it out! Just playing around with it, things seem to work well.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Definetly buy it, if you don't want it I'll buy it from you.
How are you getting that software for 9.99. I just got the 500 myself (upgrade from the 200) and on the Magellan website that program is $149.99

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I got a megellan explorist xl for christmas.Seems to work well, but I need to get the sd card to down load the mapsend topo 3d into it. It doesn't have enough internal memory to store all of the maps on it.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is the link to the software deal. It's only good thrugh Sunday. It is for any 400, 500, 600 or XL bought from Aug. to the end of the year. All you need is a code off the box. http://www.magellangps.com/promotions/mstopo_program.asp I'm getting really pissed as the kids mail orded mine and it was supposed to be here before Christmas and is still hasn't come. If I don't get it by tomorrow I am screwed on the Topo deal and I will send it back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts