Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has seen or tried this device. It's basically an insert that fits under the seat, and it's designed to raise the seat by approximately 5 inches in the rear in order to give the type of "downhill" riding position of the rev so that when hitting bumps the rider will be gently popped up on his/her feet instead of being forced to pull oneself up and stress the knees. Also, this device replaces the stock tailight assemply. It costs around $275.

http://www.sledgear.com/cgi-bin/shopper?ke...r&preadd=action

If you haven't seen it, how do you think it would work? I want to try it, but I really hate to give up my nifty trunk bag.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I like it a bunch.

didn`t at first legs hurt misrably but now my legs are fine just had to find some new muscles I had`nt used before.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slider, how does it fit, is the seat distorted at all? Additionally, how do you like the replacement tailight, and do you think the AC trunk bag will still work? If not, how much storage is available?

Does it make the transition to standing easier on the knees?

·
Registered
962 Posts
1st thing you can make anything fit
2nd I highly doubt the Trunk Bag will fit.

The seat gets a few wrinkles but if it sits in the sun the wrinkles go away.

Going from sitting to standing is a ease.

I needed to go to a 6-1/2 inch riser to compensate the seat rise.

I have a windshield bag, holds everything I need and doesnt make the sled look like a grandpa sled.

You could possibly trim the seat wedge and use existing tailight and trunk bag will work if it covers the tailinght opening on the wedge.

·
Registered
65 Posts
wedge is great 2000 miles with it works exellent,a few seat wrinkles but worth it.Im only 5 8 and it fits my riding great stock felt to low and my legs got sore also stock felt like i was always reaching for bars now its like sitting on a chair.The first ride is weird cuz u feel like your sliding forward but u learn to use legs more it works great.The best part is your view is higher and your able to see better for us height challenged people.Takes about two hrs to install good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have one for sale, if your interested!!! $175 includes shipping in lower 48 states!!! I had it on for 1 trip, girlfriend really liked it!!! I never really used it, as I had to ride the Mountain Cat!!! Can't use it now as I am riding with saddlebags and a trunk bag!!! Looks nice though!!! Let me know!!!

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'm 6' 4" and didn't really care for it. It makes you set on the tank where you really need to be to ride aggresive. I only had it on my sled for 100 miles then took it off before I rode again. It's for sale $125.00 shipped to the lower 48.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'd have to check to see if my dealer would let me use the coupon. I don't see why they wouldn't as long as It had your name and vin number etc on it. If they would let me use it I would take the coupon plus $25 cash. It takes about 45 min to an hour to install and comes off quicker.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i have the wedge, and love it! mt back feels great after riding all day, before it would hurt
i'm 6-2" so the wedge keeps my knees at a better angle
when installing double check the template that comes with it, my template would have placed the holes about 1/4" off!
dan at the OUTDOOR SHOP can hook you up, if you need one quick!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Did you giys that used the seat riser notice if the ice on the running boards changed any?It looks likke the new tail light assemsly cover the rear of the tunnel that is exposed.If this is comfortable this might be the leaky seat and icy boards fix. :wacko:

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Anybody else looking for one?? Contact FCR61 on this board, he has one For Sale, I'm sure he'll deal with you on it.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Originally posted by new_catowner@Feb 19 2003, 08:10 AM
Did you giys that used the seat riser notice if the ice on the running boards changed any?It looks likke the new tail light assemsly cover the rear of the tunnel that is exposed.If this is comfortable this might be the leaky seat and icy boards fix. :wacko:
I have not had an Ice build up on my sled.

I`m not sure if its because of the riser.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts