Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a comparison between the two, and since I've heard good things about both - has anybody actually tried BOTH of them. Please share you experiences...

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I have the J&T 4 wheel kit and couldn't be more pleased with it. Great company to deal with but people are happy with GNR also. I think it is a win, win situation.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Originally posted by teamgreenF7@Oct 6 2005, 08:53 AM
I have the J&T 4 wheel kit and couldn't be more pleased with it. Great company to deal with but people are happy with GNR also. I think it is a win, win situation.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=912034
[/quote]

I have the J&T kit and I think that it is great :luxhello: I highly recomend it. Track adjusting is very easy.

However, I haven't tried the G&R kit, and I know they have good products, so :dunno:

Good Luck :div20:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Have the GNR kit on hand, but haven't installed them in yet. Will be doing it next weekend and see what happens. :div20:

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
I had the grip n rip kit from the ODS and it was a great piece I also bought a few things from Tim as well and never had a problem... :div20:

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have installed both,byfar the J&T kit was nicer and simpler.I was told that this years Grip &Rip was changed sightly and is supposed to be as nice.The hardware was nice plus the track adjustment was easier on the J&T kit,not to mention the J&T kit was less money!!My bro bought the G&R and I bought the J&T kit and insalled them together,lets just say I was happy and he was bitching. :div20: I also installed the hyfax saver wheels and they help alot as far as hyfax wear.
edit for spelling.

·
Registered
355 Posts
A friend of mine has the G+R and he has broken the track adjusting bolts twice = track ratchet = spoiled weekend. I think G+R warranteed the bolts, but not the weekend....... Ask me Waste of $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Chime in if your around temptationswings

·
Registered
887 Posts
im not sure which wheel kit i got maybe u know huh 94camaro ? anyhow i have dealt with J&T products highly reccomended. :div20:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I had 1700 miles on my JT kit. My riding buddy has about the same on his GNR kit. Both work well. No problems for either kit so far. JT are excellent to deal with though.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I got the Grip`n rip ..no problems ,no broken bolts ,...ordered it over the phone seemed like great people to deal with ,gota give it a :div20:
Cape Breton Stock..................... :beerchug:

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Both kits are great...most of the people saying ANYTHING bad about the GNR kits are those that got them before the adjuster kit came out. Now they are just as easy to adjust as the J&T kit. The only difference in hardware really is that the JT kit has a pressed in nut in the the axle and the GNR kit has and adjuster block (similar to ZR sleds). Can't go wrong either way!

Mike

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
not quite. the 8" kit has those though Mike....
the new GnR kits have a machined nut holder in the axle.. that holds it. We have sold lots of GnR ones and not 1 problem.. on my end. I run 2, and never had a problem.

not sure how you can beat the $99 sale price though, through us or them ??

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I just got my Grip and Rip kit this week. It was simple to install and looks great. It looks well built too.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Grip and rip,excellant kit and very easy to install :div20:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts