Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some 2.75" wheels for the front of the skid, and the BM 3 Wheel Kit for the back. I'm thinking(Hoping) that this should take some friction out of the skid and help top end. The sled does not seem to want to role that well and on a stand it's hard to pull the track around. We've got an RX-1 with extra wheels and it rolls like it's on ballbearings. We use to put extra wheels on the front of the skid on V-Max4's and get an extra 2 mph on radar. What does everyone think? Personally I think with no wheels on outside of sliders there has to be a lot of friction and wheels can only help.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
most guys take the wheels out to get more speed,
look at the race sleds only the rear wheels remain, the wheels will help in marginal snow, but thats it

·
Registered
227 Posts
I took the inside wheels off, the ones that rub the cross shaft, even when you you move them ahead. My 98 ZR would only wear under the areas with the wheels.

Also...I can push my F5 across the snow with one hand...never ever could think of doing it with my ZR. Loosen that track up until it's 2 LOOSE, then tighten snug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts