Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got any experience buying from Browns? Ive ordered a bunch of parts for my sleds water pump and a couple are on backorder. Its been a week and they still havent shipped my stuff. Is this normal? Their website made it sound like they had just about everything and fast shipping. Whats up? I need my parts!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
also they seem to be not the best deal around... buddy ordered a spyder for the driven and payed 2 bills,,, and at dealer on line its 1/2 the cost,,, dammmm

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Crooks IMO.

I ordered a replacement used headlight from them and it had a huge gash across the front when I got it.

The description of the part was "excellent condition" No mention of the 6" gash.

I called and complained and the owner said it was normal wear and tear. B.S. He was a prick about it though.

It cost me about $12 to ship it back to him and they finally refunded me.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
i ordered some screws and a primary spring... ordered it thursday and it was here on monday. took a couple days and i live in the same province. thats not bad i dont think. this is the first time ive ordered from them... so far so good.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Anybody got any experience buying from Browns? Ive ordered a bunch of parts for my sleds water pump and a couple are on backorder. Its been a week and they still havent shipped my stuff. Is this normal? Their website made it sound like they had just about everything and fast shipping. Whats up? I need my parts![/b]
If it's on backorder there is no way in knowing how long it will take. Don't you have a local dealer? If you have a local dealer take the part numbers to them and you'll probably pay a similar price to Brown's, and if you area good customer you'll likely pay less.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i only use browns for the parts diagrams, if you can shop local its much easier to ensure you get the corect parts, and on time.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I check part#'s and price at Brown's. Then I price it out locally. Just to find out how bad I am about to get burnt. Its amazing the reaction when I show them the Brown's online price. Brown's is usually better than my local price.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I have been buying from Browns since 2000.
Great service. If it is backordered it is usually Bo'd from cat.

I never had a problem at all. And the Family is great.

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
If Brown's can't get parts, no other dealer will be able to either. They get stuff overnight from Cat if the order is in by 9am.

Back order means it's back ordered from Cat. This is beyond their control. The prices online are retail minus the 5% you get when you order.

I've never had an issue there. They are my local dealer and treat me 100%! I couldn't be happier with their service.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ordered a few things from Browns and it was shipped pretty quick. The 5% off helps. Your avatar says Lakeshore Ontario. If you are in the Toronto area you could use Leader Pools. If they dont have it in stock they order it but you have to pay up front. If you dont know the part number they send you to Browns webpage to look up the number then you have to call them back. Easier to order from Browns on line

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've used Browns a couple of times and there prices are usually cheaper than the dealer, sometimes my dealer will give me the Browns price when I bring in the part # and Browns price.BTW it was fast shipping to get my stuff and was very freindly over the phone when I wanted to add something to the list.

·
Super Advanced Lummox
17,767 Posts
i only use browns for the parts diagrams, if you can shop local its much easier to ensure you get the corect parts, and on time.[/b]

X2

You can have the part # ready for them and show them when they look at the fische

and the prices are same there or here

if your dealer is charging more he is SCREWING YOU!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok guys, thats what I thought. If they cant get it no one can. My nearest dealer didnt have all the parts I needed including the part on backorder so Id be waiting either way. Besides Browns was quite a bit cheaper then locally. Hope to hear from them soon!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody got any experience buying from Browns? Ive ordered a bunch of parts for my sleds water pump and a couple are on backorder. Its been a week and they still havent shipped my stuff. Is this normal? Their website made it sound like they had just about everything and fast shipping. Whats up? I need my parts![/b]
Ive had nothing but good luck w/those guys-try an E-mail-they got back to me quickly

·
Registered
758 Posts
Ok guys, thats what I thought. If they cant get it no one can. My nearest dealer didnt have all the parts I needed including the part on backorder so Id be waiting either way. Besides Browns was quite a bit cheaper then locally. Hope to hear from them soon![/b]
Bought a used part off Brown's about 2 weeks ago for a great price and rec'd it about 5 days later. BTW, I used to live on Old Tecumseh Rd once upon a time, who is the closest dealer since McGuiers dropped AC?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Parts are in ! I told em to send them anyways minus the Oring. Over a month, not that fast IMO. Ricks performance in harrow( got no parts for older sleds) and McGuires still has some stuff if it was a popular model.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts