Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for 2 xs828 belts. Im aware i can get them on ebay or amazon just seeing if anyone here sells them or has some.

·
Registered
8,121 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now, doesnt d&d recommend a washer in the secondary with this? Like an additional one to the one thats in it? I assume its due to width

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It must be wider and screw up the offset of the stationary sheeve. Needing it to be out more

·
Registered
785 Posts
D&D Told me that when I order the belt for the Riot they will include a Shim for the secondary.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Now, doesnt d&d recommend a washer in the secondary with this? Like an additional one to the one thats in it? I assume its due to width

FYI, when my 2018 had <100miles on it I ordered this XS828 belt and their recommended shim from D&D. The shim they sent me was the exact same shim which was installed by the factory using the oem belt.

·
Registered
193 Posts
FYI, when my 2018 had <100miles on it I ordered this XS828 belt and their recommended shim from D&D. The shim they sent me was the exact same shim which was installed by the factory using the oem belt.
did you install the second one in the clutch with the xs belt, or use the stock shims? mine actually has 2 shims in it stock. one thin, one thick. curious about this belt. never have had good luck with a/m belts. Ski

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yes it is a stock shim, they say it should be added to the stock ones.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I can't at the moment, If you give them a call they will tell you.

·
Registered
661 Posts
i have done sooo much testing with the belts, the xs is the best... han dwn and is alot cheaper, but money is not a concern for me , it is what it is. this belt holds rpm consitant and make it easy to clutch for hot or cold. a true test was on a yamaha turbo 270hp last year and a ski doo 850, both sleds could not make 500klm without blowing or having to change.. we put the xs Timkin belt in and ended year with 1763klm on the belt before trading in for 2020 SRX the skidoo still has belt on this year.

·
Registered
753 Posts
anyone care to talk more about the Ultimax belts compared to OEM? curious and was considering one but not many people with my sled seem to have run them.
OEM was all over the board for me. Both on stock clutching and with what Goodwin put in. You could feel it surge on the top as the belt would consistently hook and break loose.

Moved to a Ultimax XS822 and I get a little bit of a dance around peak RPM but I never feel it slip anymore. Just holds and pulls for days. I think I'm 2,500 miles into this belt now and it still looks and feels great.

I bought 2 more from the link I posted as they're a great belt at a great price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts