Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a set of Sidehiller II takeoffs for what I think was a good deal. I've yet to put them on, but I'm curious if anyone here has tried a set?

I'm looking for some better flotation in the front end now that I've got the 136 setup out back without sacrificing a lot of trail manners. I much prefer off trail riding, but I do a bit of it with the family.

Anyone have any opinions?

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
You should have asked this before you bought them. Had 2 sleds with them on and did nit like them at all.
First they do not handle worth a crap, you turn the skis and then you wait for the sled to turn. And in the deep snow they do not work very well. I put on a set of USI spx skis with shaper bars on one sled and on the other sled I put on SLP skis. Sidehiller skis are not a very good ski for how my wife and I ride.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not going to be upset if they're not great, they were dirt cheap. I'll try them out tonight if I have a chance and report back. I don't expect them to behave like a powder pro, but a little better than stock would be nice.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For anyone curious how this turned out....

I put the skis on last night, and other than needing a longer bolt to hold them on, they fit right up. Even used my old ski loops.

Turning on hardpack was better than my stock skis with a bunch of carbide. (I'll have to measure them tonight, I forgot how big they are) Turning in the powder is completely different compared to the stockers. The sled is responsive. Flotation at speed is fantastic compared to stock. Instead of the toes cutting in, they float right up top and the whole front of the sled doesn't snowplow anymore.

I did notice that the sled is more "tippy" now. But that seems to be because the skis actually ride on top of the powder, instead of sinking to the bottom. For $100, it was a geat upgrade. It should definately help when I go out West this year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.