Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got mine today cant wait to try it on my 08 F1000. Anyone else tried it yet ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just got mine today cant wait to try it on my 08 F1000. Anyone else tried it yet ?[/b]
Just make sure when you put it in if it comes with a different helix that you blue loctite the nine screws. And get them good and tight. Let the loctite dry overnight and recheck after 50 miles. Flash n Flare and I both broke all nine screws and wasted our secondary.

Just an FYI

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
We've been playing with it and it takes alot of tuning to get it to where you like it! Do not use the shift assist as it does not work with the torsional conversion!! We're running 88 grams and have the secondary on the 3rd hole....just picked up 6mph! The 4th hole is good for the trails, the 3rd is good for lake running...from what we have experienced....make sure you add tension to the spring 1/8 of a turn before you bolt it down...we noticed that making a change too...pretty much from one hole to another! We are down in mph but the more it gets played with the more we are gaining....0-100mph is like NOW!!! The top end is where we'd like it to be a little better!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I installed the Torsional Conversion portion of this kit last night and on Saturday I had my sled out on a groomed trail and could only get 101 then this morning on the same trail I got it up to 110 I think the temp and conditions were similar so its a good start.

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
If the conditions are the same then it's a good comparison! Had the shop that installed the one we are working on correctly I'd have some more input for you as of now...the 3rd hole seems to work out well. What are you seeing for RPM? And what is your final weight on the primary?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didnt catch the RPMs but right now Iam just running the stock weights I think they are 80g I put the super tips together last night and plan to try them next, I also have there Pipe and Y-Pipe I plan add. I would have had them on sooner but the first y-pipe they sent didnt fit, I just got the new one today. Iam running the third hole also. Are you running a pipe?

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
We should have the pipe this week so clutching will change again, as of right now we are running a y-pipe, reeds and the airbox mod...what secondary spring did they send you? You will need to clutch again after the pipe...I'll keep you posted and please do the same!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They sent me a blue primary and a black secondary, yea I know I will have to clutch again thats why I was holding off on doing anything with the primary. If I have time tonight, I mean if my wife lets me I plan to put my pipes on. Are you running a timing key ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts